Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'd love to get D211GPs or R10 but can't quite do that. What are you guys using? I'm leaning towars Dunlop Q2 or maybe BT S20. I need a DOT tire, will use it on the street afterwards.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like the Pilot Power but the Q2 is definitely a better tire for the money. Pure is ok, but not much feedback. I'd like the power one race V up front and regular in the rear if I could afford them. Which ones do you run?

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I like the BT016 ok, but the BT003 has more grip. Front just lacks a bit of feel. I would love to try the Bridgestone R10.. it's supposed to be really great. Just can't swing 400 for a set. 280 for the Q2s isn't bad. Especially considering I'm not competing. The Michelin race tires are sweet.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Somwhere in the southeast, but we really haven't decided for certain. VIR or Barber are options, but possibly Road Atlanta or Roebling Road. Might try to get in on a Ducati trackday with my suspension guy. Depends on what kind of deal we can get.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My buddy with an RSV4 loves Road Atlanta, he's racing there in June with WERA on the Ape. He's wanting us to go there. Roebling Road is tempting because I have a buddy there (Poolboy), who might get in on it too. And I have friends I can stay with. You ever been there? I understand you can do a whole weekend for 250.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I'd love to get another set of those, but they are just too expensive for me. The rear costs more than a set of Q2s. I did really enjoy them the last time I used them, the contact patch in the rear really lets you put down power.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Dunlop slick FTW,check Race Tire Services they have track day special going on for 211GPA's in 120/190 for $339.00! It is 50 bucks more but you get WAY better tire than Pilot Power or Q2!
That is a good price. I wonder how good the medium rear will do on the street after track.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
My only concern with that tire is grip levels v the Q2. The compound is very similar to the 016, with it having a wider high mileage compound in the center on the rear, more narrow in the front. I've found the limits of the 016 as seen in that video I posted, but the Q2 is supposed to be good for a few more seconds in terms of lap times. Even over the BT003 which is Bridgestone's step up tire.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.