Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's about 12:30 PM and my last game of pool is over. I decide it's time to call it a night and step outside of the bar (sober, I don't drink and ride). I go to slide my key into the ignition tumbler on my 996 and a slip of the fingers later the key disappears into some infentisimal, obscure and entirely invisible slot somewhere beneath ....

So, I start the usual poking, proding, jingling, looking around, swearing and so on.

No luck. Damn.

Then I start to really look around and still nothing. I then call my friends, to give me a lift home to pick up my spare ... no one answers .

And so it starts...

Pepople start filtering out of the bar asking "What happened?" "Did your bike breakdown?" "Are you OK?" and so forth, and like a giant magnetic bellend tool I have to explain to all these nice people, over and over again, "I lost my key" (the dejection in my tone is unbearable).

So, there I am, fairings off looking around and nothing (mind you, I've now attracted a crowd of 5 or so onlookers who I think I heard taking bets on when I'd start crying).

By this time, it's 1AM

Realizing the inevitble to be true, I embark on taking off the gas tank, in front of an emptying bar of people armed with ... no tools! PHUCK!

Luckily my friend Andy's working and I ask if they've got an allen set - they do, SCORE! (God has an amazing sense of humor.)

So, here we go, gas tank off, tail section off fairings off and still ... no sign of that damned key ... it's getting close to 1.30 or so now ... I'm not sure.

Then I take the airbox off and THERE IT IS. The key had somehow defied logic, reason, space - time and gravity and lodged itself underneath the airbox, behind a wire, upside down and totall obscured ... I realize that had I probably had more light, other than a single street lamp, I may have seen it but at this point I don't care nor does it matter; for a second though, let's imagine the scene ... my bike stripped down, part lying on adjacent lawns, me taking stuff apart, putting it back together etcetcect - it was a mess....

2 AM rolls around and I'm ready to put it all back together ... by 2.30 I'm almost good to go, struggling with the gas tank but get it to seat ... put the tail section back on and I'm off... 3AM I get home, reaking of gas, grease, grime and whatever else...ready for bed.

Moral of my story : Put a keychain on that key. Or carry your spare with you.

Good night all...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: You Won't Believe This.... (hubert)

Happened to me too at a gas station. I've got a piece of braided leather about 4 inches hanging off the key now.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: You Won't Believe This.... (Capt. Home Slice)

I use one of those cheap see through rubber key fabs for that very reason!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: You Won't Believe This.... (Tornado-rider)

that's why i have the bright green thingie on mine

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got a sweet, non-marring/scratching key fob from Ducati Seattle......

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: (Buckelew)

I found that if I put my ferrari and bmw keys on the same key ring with my ducati key it keeps them from falling into the abyss. The nice little ferrari key chain thingy helps also.

You guys knew it was coming

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: (jager)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jager »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I found that if I put my ferrari and bmw keys on the same key ring with my ducati key it keeps them from falling into the abyss. The nice little ferrari key chain thingy helps also.

You guys knew it was coming
</TD></TR></TABLE>

You have a Ducati, BMW and a Ferrari? I don't like you!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: (enigmamdw)

My BMW key doesn't look like that.

I think we all hate Jimmy

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: (n737nc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by n737nc »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You have a Ducati, BMW and a Ferrari? I don't like you!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hahaha, no. I would rather have 13 or so more bikes than a ferrari. I could maybe see a BMW.

For those people that missed the whole jimmy540i thing, Go Here, read the posts from him and have a good laugh.
(Well it wouldn't let me link to the search results so just click the next button to get the links)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts