Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recieved my slip ons today and noticed that the baffle was in there so I try to remove and the top two bolts are tack welded in there the bootom two were also tacked but I managed to bust them out. Anyone have to deal with this? What route did you take to remove the bolts/baffle?

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
You must be talking about that Zyclone baffle edition. I wish Yoshimura never created that option because it causes some to have to remove those baffles, which is just more work and less play:(

·
Dr. Carbon
2,974 Posts
Must be new cause my 00 has yosh's and the baffle is as wide as the exhaust outlet, you could fit a cucumber in there sideways.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When I ordered the system it came as a "RACE" the box even said it on the side. So i dont know if it was mis packaged or what but I likey know:D Would yours sound more bassy cause it has some miles on it? Mine is extremely bassy now

·
I speed up for corners
1,165 Posts
backlash said:
Their Zyclone series is their "street" system. The system with no baffle in it is considered their "race" system.
They all have baffles now..

Darktwang. You got the rc3-race zyclone system. Pretty good strategic marketing right? You can call yosh and try to order new baffles for 70 bucks (which i didnt end up doing) Or you can drill out all those rivets and chop the end of your baffle, like the last 2-3 inches of it. Roll some sheet metal around it to replace what you just hacked and 'viola' you have a new baffle. Either weld or rivet the new roll of sheet metal. IT takes a few hours.

what Fatboy has that i dont is that nice sound of compression in his system. Mine does sound a lil hollow, but im pretty sure is due a big loss of packing in the can that i just tossed in the process which i will be replacing in about a week anyways in hopes to gain that thumping compression back.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Ok so now I'm wondering about Yoshi's. They are supposed to be top notch, which with every other bike they seem to be but with the RC I have heard several stories to the contrary. I know I want Satos but they are pricey. With the Power Commander added on, it puts me at 1300-1400 bucks but I may just have to suck it up and stop being such a puss. Any one get a pair of low mount Sato's for less than a grand? Thanx

·
Captain Obvious
738 Posts
Hey DarkTwin

I just installed a brand spanking new set of Yoshi's yesterday.
As delivered, mine did not appear to come with the street baffles installed. Nor did I find them anywhere in the packaging.

Attached is a pic of the end of the pipe. Is this what yours looked like after removing your baffles? Just a couple of threaded holes in the end-cap?

Ohhhhhh, man I like that sound. Get a woody every time I go out and start that beast. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Cool Shop

I was @ their R&D facility a few weeks ago and 06 rc has the # for them. Thomas Tan can answer ANY questions you might have. [good peeps]

·
RC51-less Member
6,675 Posts
pdfruth said:
I just installed a brand spanking new set of Yoshi's yesterday.
As delivered, mine did not appear to come with the street baffles installed. Nor did I find them anywhere in the packaging.
Those are Yoshimura, RS-3 Race baffled pipes. You can buy the baffles that install in them. I got mine at 58cycle.com. Mine only go in at inspection time. With the baffles in, it's almost as quiet as stock cans.......

Then they'll look like this:

·
RC51-less Member
6,675 Posts
Sure is.... I'd suggest going to Home Depot and getting regular allen bolts that have a better "shoulder", so you can drill and wire those bolts, or they'll vibrate out. The original ones suck for that, and I replaced them shortly afterwards, when I yanked the baffles out again.

pdfruth said:
Would this be them, Dave

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
so does the yoshimura rs-3 stainless with carbon muffler for 02-06 come with these baffles?, i ended up getting these from a friend and that part that you guys are showing doesnt seem to be there but not sure. Let me know.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts