Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i could do coulterville, supermoto at sprinfield, or something else. i just want to ride. anyone up for it? since sunday is mother's day i'm going to soak up all day saturday riding. i better take the kid out to get something for the wife. i have no ideas...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Yo STLers, ride saturday(may 7)??? (Nick Novice)

I was thinking about riding on saturday somewhere. Springfield will most likley have a kart event going on , although I do want to ride there again before may 21 (RA). I need the pratice on dirt and just some time on the bike. I'm on the tires I race on so woods riding might be trickey...hills...creeks... slippery... But I'm readyto try. How about the place in taylorville??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
springfield is open on saturday and closed in observance of mother's day on sunday. where is taylorville? sure, i could mapquest it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (Nick Novice)

Taylorville, for some dirt time would be fun...been wanting to check the place out...
I'll have to figure out what to do with the wee ones though...using grandma on Friday for the anniversary...so adding Saturday to the mix might not fly.....can't hurt to ask...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (stlwalnut)

I'm not sure where Taylorville is. I do know it called South Fork, and you have to buy an Illinois ORV sticker from them. My brother said they've got a motocross style track, 2 flat track style ovals, & trails.
I don't have my heart set on taylorville, I'll go anywhere.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would be interested, but I'm STILL waiting to get my wheels back. I'll be up for a track day as soon as I'm up and running again.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, no shit! I never would've done this if I had known how long I'd be without my bike. I hope they're at least a few pounds lighter...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

So my brother has to work saturday untill 2:00. I'm thinking about going to springfield in the morning and south fork (taylorville) after 2:00.He wants to do south fork on his 4 wheeler.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Saturday Nick Novice & I rode springfield till mid afternoon then I headed to taylorville and met my brother to do some dirt riding. The track at springfield was great. Nick & I shared the track with about half-a-dozen karts(very nice guys, one of them was keeping lap times for us.)The rest of you supermoto guys need to get out there. Taylorville was a cool place but, I felt way outta place.I"ve never ridden a real motocross track, and my tire setup works better on pavement, not to mention 15/48 gearing for road america straight away. But I think I did learn a few things and I will be going back just with a little different bike set up. Over all a good day of riding.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
in our last session, dan saved a highside coming onto the start/finish straight. feet off and flailing.

dan,
what were you doing at springfield with road america gearing?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

I told you I changed everything after getting back from the april RA weekend. I guess I should have done some gear changing but I wanted to see how the 15 tooth front made the bike feel before getting to elkhart lake.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts