Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, before you crucify me for asking questions about the PAIR removal and flapper valve mod, I believe I have some new questions. That is, I did a search already, but didn't find the answers I was looking for..

As for the PAIR removal question, I am thinking that I will just use a vacuum line plug/cap over the actual PAIR valve, rather than plug it full of jb weld or what have you. This way, for whatever reason, I can always re-install the parts to bring it back to factory original condition. So, does anyone know off hand the size (inner and/or outer diameter) of the rubber hose that goes on that valve, so that I can buy some properly sized vacuum plugs?

And the flapper mod question, I know Kyle Racing has the aluminum piece to take the place of the vacuum actuator for the flapper, but is there anything else you guys have used to fill in the hole? I'd like to see what my options are before I bite the bullet and just buy the one from Kyle racing.

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
Hi guys, before you crucify me for asking questions about the PAIR removal and flapper valve mod, I believe I have some new questions. That is, I did a search already, but didn't find the answers I was looking for..

As for the PAIR removal question, I am thinking that I will just use a vacuum line plug/cap over the actual PAIR valve, rather than plug it full of jb weld or what have you. This way, for whatever reason, I can always re-install the parts to bring it back to factory original condition. So, does anyone know off hand the size (inner and/or outer diameter) of the rubber hose that goes on that valve, so that I can buy some properly sized vacuum plugs?

And the flapper mod question, I know Kyle Racing has the aluminum piece to take the place of the vacuum actuator for the flapper, but is there anything else you guys have used to fill in the hole? I'd like to see what my options are before I bite the bullet and just buy the one from Kyle racing.

duct tape
plastic
aluminum
Carbon fiber (i sell one for like $7)
plexi glass

i have seen a slew of ideas over the years

rubber end plugs can be found in the hardware store with hose clamps

·
Trailing Member
151 Posts
I used a rubber plug from snowmobile bodywork. I have no idea what model machine it's from as a buddy of mine who owns a snowmobile shop just gave it to me.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Black electrical tape here. Carefully placed, you cant really notice it unless you really look :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
I took the airbox to Lowe's and found a rubber cap that was supposed to be used on the bottom of a chair leg. It was tight enough that no glue or wire had to be used to hold it on. Also, i just shortened the small diameter hose to about 3 inches and reattached it to the airbox.

BUY THE BLOCK OFF PLATES FROM DAN!!!

Markabus.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, just did the flapper mod and PAIR removal mod. I ended up finding some rubber caps to go on the end of the PAIR valves instead of using the block off plates, or filling them in with an epoxy. Before I put the cap on though, I started the engine and found that pressure is being blown out of the PAIR valve. I thought air was supposed to go in there? Anyways, it's exhaust, isn't it?

Have any of you used rubber end caps instead of block off plates? Is it going to melt? I went for a short test ride (it was raining), and so far the cap is still there, and it doesn't feel hot..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts