Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ride an XR650R on the street?

Are there any issues with reliabilty? Vibrations? how does it do at 70-75mph?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: XR650R Motards? (/\/\ANiAC)

I run one on the street never been a problem got my spare one for sale to.

Dan V.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: XR650R Motards? (Dave)

I will get a image shack set-up today, Dave I get full pics of it tonight. Get to run DCTC on the 13. Might do Cokato on the 28.

Dan V.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how long have you had the Marchesini wheels? i want a set for my 450, but not till they come out with the 17" front.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (dvo1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dvo1 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Got them last night the front is a CRF 17inch rear a 4.5 XR650R

Dan V.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

so the Marchesini forged wheels are available in the 17" versions now?
shit, the creditcard might have to take a hit now, if they have them for the YZ's.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My Kid brother commutes on one (Not for a while though due to a head on with a car on his GSXR1100) He loves it. He has been know to jump curbs on his.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: XR650R Motards? (dvo1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dvo1 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Get to run DCTC on the 13. Might do Cokato on the 28.

Dan V.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I guess I'll be seeing you Saterday, then.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: XR650R Motards? (Eric Landstrom)

are you guys running Rowdy group? hopefully my 450 is running by then, so we can have a few motards out there playin around.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: XR650R Motards? (cb186)

I will be running rowdy. The only thing that gives me concern is a bad, bad case of tennis elbow that has left me with about 1/3 the strength I normally have in my left hand. I'll be running a gimp band on my left forearm and pain pills.

Anyway, you should be able to pull me just a bit off of the slower corners (my 510 revs up a little slower than 450s), and I'll reel you back in on the longer straights. Our corner speed should be about the same so we should be able to have some fun doing the yo-yo around the track!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eric Landstrom »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I will be running rowdy. The only thing that gives me concern is a bad, bad case of tennis elbow that has left me with about 1/3 the strength I normally have in my left hand. I'll be running a gimp band on my left forearm and pain pills.

Anyway, you should be able to pull me just a bit off of the slower corners (my 510 revs up a little slower than 450s), and I'll reel you back in on the longer straights. Our corner speed should be about the same so we should be able to have some fun doing the yo-yo around the track!

</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah, i jut figured out why the 450 wouldnt start(dont ask). i rode my KX250 motard down there once. i think i was in the 1:13 range. time to step it up since i learned a bit at the RA race i didnt. look for me, i'll have the tan 26' trailer/dually setup, #186.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: XR650R Motards? (cb186)

My plan for running my new radial master cylinder just hit a road block: I need a brake line that is six inches longer than stock. Anybody know where I can get one made here in the TC?

CB186: I'm easy enough to find: I'll have the only Husky at the track and I'm driving a new, non-sanford & Son F-150.

Modified by Eric Landstrom at 8:42 PM 8/8/2005

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eric Landstrom »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My plan for running my new radial master cylinder just hit a road block: I need a brake line that is six inches longer than stock. Anybody know where I can get one made here in the TC?</TD></TR></TABLE>

nobody will make you one, due to the liability concerns. try Bob's or Dennis Kirk, probably your best bets for a wide variety on short notice.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: XR650R Motards? (dvo1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dvo1 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Completed????????

Dan V.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Looks purdy trick.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: XR650R Motards? (Dave)

Dan, since you obviously dig modifying your bike, you should powdercoat the swing arm and sub frame black. Maybe some red stripes on the blue wheels to match the red bodywork?

Looks phat yo.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: XR650R Motards? (Toxic)

I am thinking polishing the swingarm and getting rid of the red.

Dan V.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts