18. Darryl Atkins
19. Steve Drew
20. Mark Burkhart

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: X-Games Info (slyde)

Interesting lineup. No RC?

Tough call, but it'll probably be Eddy Seel or Jeff Ward on top of the box at the end.

My $$ would be on VDB, but I doubt he'll be racing now.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: X-Games Info (Gerg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Gerg »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

My $$ would be on VDB, but I doubt he'll be racing now.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Just call up Dr. Ting, he'll be racing by next week.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: X-Games Info (Latebraker)

I don't know about DH. Don't get me wrong, he's an amazing rider, but I think there are other riders with more SM seat time than him that will prevail.

I wish Doug WOULD win, but I'm not sure he will.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: X-Games Info (Gerg)

i dont know and i dont care who's going to win one thing for sure it will be awesome racing!! Are they going to do road racing start this year?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: X-Games Info (Giannis)

Could be anyones race, I know that Ward, DH, VDB, Seel.... can all kick some ass. It will be interesting to see if E-Boz, Reed, Windham, or JZ have any surprises for us.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: X-Games Info (Dave)

I'll place my bet that Travis Pastrana is hurt and will not ride or will not ride in the main.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: X-Games Info (Giannis)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Giannis »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i dont know and i dont care who's going to win one thing for sure it will be awesome racing!! Are they going to do road racing start this year?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I hope the broadcast is in HD. From the looks of the diagram, they'll have a motocross start again.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: X-Games Info (banda)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by banda »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I hope the broadcast is in HD. </TD></TR></TABLE>

+1
That would be sweet.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: X-Games Info (slyde)

Nice lineup. I can't wait and like Banda says, I hope it's in HD! Last years race was 10 times better TV than any of the AMA stuff.

Jeff Matiasevich and Jake Zemke though? Nothing against these guys, but they are not good enough. I'd bet there are some local guys around here that'd whip up on them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: X-Games Info (chriscap)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chriscap »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Jeff Matiasevich and Jake Zemke though? Nothing against these guys, but they are not good enough. I'd bet there are some local guys around here that'd whip up on them.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Have you seen either on a supermoto bike?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: X-Games Info (chriscap)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chriscap »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Jeff Matiasevich and Jake Zemke though? Nothing against these guys, but they are not good enough. I'd bet there are some local guys around here that'd whip up on them.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Jake sure seems capable of backing it in and burning it out on the 1000RR so he shouldn't have any problems with a motard. But I'm not sure about the dirt and jumps. Of course I know nothing about jake's background.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: X-Games Info (jager)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Have you seen either on a supermoto bike.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Chicken rides all the time. He's usually top 3 or 4 in the 250 class at our local races which isn't quite enough in this world class field. He learned to ride Supermoto on a KX500 which obviously is more of a "get it pointed straight and pull the trigger" type of bike so that tecnique hasn't made it too easy for him to adapt to the high corner speed/keep your momentum up 250cc style of riding. Hopefully he'll get his new Kawi 450 in time to get some learing in on it.

The last time I can remember Zemke riding Supermoto was at the Long Beach Queen Mary race a couple years ago. He was riding a bike TLD put together for him but the bike has since been sold to Speedway champ Billy Hamill and I don't know if Jake has been on a Supermoto bike since.

If it goes full bore all out race pace for the whole hour then the fitness level of MX guys like Reed and Windham will be a big advantage for them. Daryl Atkins is already out doing hour long motos (with a pit stop) for training.

I talked to Steve Drew this morning and he confirmed that he will indeed be on the podium.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts