Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: X Games: 45 laps and mandatory pit stops? (SupermotoFan)

What the hell are they doing!!! Someone slap me and tell me it's a joke. And the no power tools thing is even dumber. I guess for 2007 they'll top that by requiring the tire be actually replace on the tire on the rims instead of the entire wheel. Ah crap, what a I bitching about, it's still Supermoto on TV.

Maybe freestyle MX should required pit stops to repair broken bones.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So much for the spectical of close motard racing. They just turned the event into a poor imitation of a NASCAR race. What's next? Everyone has to use the same bodywork? Whoevers idea this was, should be beaten with a large metal object.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (stk0308)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stk0308 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Whoevers idea this was, should be beaten with a large metal object.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Will this work?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i would call it "endurance motard." since it's a one off race, i think it's kind of interesting. i also think it's looking better for henry. chris, how many laps can a pro 450 go on a set of tires? maybe one set is enough. i was hoping superbikers 2 was going to do their endurance events as they have in the past. nothing will help like stringing a bunch of laps together. who needs power tools? but then again, it's an invite only event, so crews won't be a problem. it could be the 200 of US supermotard(but still using the premier class). i'm watching and rootin' for a dude named doug. maybe it's a name thing. can you find any footage on the net when he broke his back? that's the wost thing i've seen except when kp got hit by a train on a '78 IT175. we giggled about that today. i told him when i ran up to him, his big toe was sticking out of his sock(because his slip on vans got blown off by the impact. and his glasses... and his visor... at least he lived to laugh about it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (chriscap)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chriscap »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Will this work?

</TD></TR></TABLE>
It's a start.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I see the whole endurance race angle. But think about where this is going on. The X-Games. Talk about Ritlin city! There will be people wandering off in droves by half way because they saw something shiney.

Not a bad idea, just a bad venue.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (stk0308)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stk0308 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Not a bad idea, just a bad venue.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Exactly!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (chriscap)

I especially like there description of Supermoto; "SuperMoto is a fusion of supercross, dirt track racing, freestyle motocross and road racing. "

What exactly does it have to do with freestyle motocross other than the fact that they have invited Metzger to ride, and part of the course will run next to the freestyle ramps?

Maybe the next thing they will add along with the pit stops is a mandatory hit off of one of the Super-Kicker ramps every 10 laps or so.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (804)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 804 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I especially like there description of Supermoto; "SuperMoto is a fusion of supercross, dirt track racing, freestyle motocross and road racing. "

What exactly does it have to do with freestyle motocross other than the fact that they have invited Metzger to ride, and part of the course will run next to the freestyle ramps?

Maybe the next thing they will add along with the pit stops is a mandatory hit off of one of the Super-Kicker ramps every 10 laps or so.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Rings of fire! We need rings of fire!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts