Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Geez. Some people...
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week, Yamaha introduced all their 2006 sportbikes, including an all new R6, all new FZ1, and some refreshed models.

Last night, I noticed the R6 is no longer being shown on their website. No mention of it at all.

Now, I was just looking in there and they've also taken away links to the FJR1300 and FZ1 as well! :confused:

The only 2006 models shown now are the R1/R1LE, the YZF-R6S (old R6), and the FZ6. I don't get it. Was that some sort of temporary sneak preview or something? What would be the point of that???

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/

·
Registered
377 Posts
That is odd. I was thinking that it could be a sneak peek, but it was out there long enough for everyone and their best friend's Grandmother to post about it on tons of other MBoards so I wonder what the deal is?

Wonder if the site was hacked?? Corporate espianage is heavy stuff, but especially between these Big 4.

·
King of the pork sword!
506 Posts
I noticed this to when trying to explain the new R6 to a friend...

I was really ticked off when they pointed out "dude, it looks just like this years" :wtf

Hope they aren't teasing me like that chick at the strip club....:woot:

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
AZ Scott said:
Last week, Yamaha introduced all their 2006 sportbikes, including an all new R6, all new FZ1, and some refreshed models.

Last night, I noticed the R6 is no longer being shown on their website. No mention of it at all.

Now, I was just looking in there and they've also taken away links to the FJR1300 and FZ1 as well! :confused:

The only 2006 models shown now are the R1/R1LE, the YZF-R6S (old R6), and the FZ6. I don't get it. Was that some sort of temporary sneak preview or something? What would be the point of that???

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/
well....i just called them and they said that they were planning on going public on the 28th and due to an internal mixup the info and pics got out early so they yanked them to be officially released on the 28th....to ensure proper security and confidentiality, yamaha is asking for anyone who saw anything to erase it from their mind so you can be surprised on the 28th....is that clear enough?

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
brettmess24 said:
Do you guys get RRW magazine? The first page is all the new yamahas:rockon Its pretty cool:D

I already told you....you have to erase this from your mind until the 28th....you DID NOT see this or read it or buy this issue...your mind is blank.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
roadkill said:
I already told you....you have to erase this from your mind until the 28th....you DID NOT see this or read it or buy this issue...your mind is blank.

oh.........ok........but damn arent those 06 Yami's the shit with the all new R6 and the R1 LE paint?.........what did I just say?.....I forgot till the 28th!:D

·
King of the pork sword!
506 Posts
I don't know about you guys, but I heard when the new Yamaha's come out on the 28th, that we'll all be in for a surprise.....

Wish I could get a sneak peak on those, I hear the R6 will rev to the moon! :p

In unrelated news, I also heard that there will be a '06 RC51 too!:woot:

·
Registered
24 Posts
They probably waited to see what Honda was coming out with and the decided to go to plan B.

I'm glad I saved the Yami pics so I can now drool on my own...

·
Geez. Some people...
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
UniqueDuc said:
They probably waited to see what Honda was coming out with and the decided to go to plan B.

I'm glad I saved the Yami pics so I can now drool on my own...
Okay, Yamaha. It's safe to come back out now! We've seen what Honda's got for '06, and it ain't about nuthin'... :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts