Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ok, I'm interested. How much? I can not find anything about it on your website. Do you have a picture?
thanks

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
no pics yet as i am still working on the carbon enough to make it saleable. The ti can be done within a week or so i think. I was going to paint it though, kind of stealth.

With my $15,000 CBR stolen last weekend i have been kind of holding water here. I don't want to keep the kickstand off for long as i have only a few weekends left to ride before winter and i must capitalize on them. I have a stick of TI here that i will do up this weekend to have a PIC or two to show for say Monday, kewl? My design is rather simple and crude, but effective IMO.

Would you want the ti painted or polished? could you send me your kickstand as a core swap deal?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've never tried to polish the stuff, but machining it is pretty straightforward if you work it really wet. I would be tempted to take a piece of cutoff and try it with a stiff polishing wheel and some tripoli. What is the finish like on the raw material that you're using to make the sidestand? Rod? Tubing? Inquiring minds want to know.
p.s. The Sato sidestand is tubular and has about the same finish as the exhaust pipe hangers: it does appear to be polished.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Just buff Ti with a green scotchbrite pad. You can go at it with a similar buffing wheel on a dremel also, orglass bead blast as thin gauge steel or Al. You can take it to a mirror finish, but it doesn't take paint well so you can't clear coat it for protection. The rough grey natural look is the most durable. Like on the Sato hangers, or a MTB frame.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts