Speedzilla Forums banner

WTB:Factory Honda RC51 Bike Cover...

11K views 51 replies 20 participants last post by  10/10ths 
#1 ·
I have cash, I want to buy a Factory Honda RC51 bike cover.

Email works at jdp_shooter@hotmail.com

Thanks,
John

#5 · (Edited)
I always thought that from the pictures it looked like the honda emblemed cover that tyga sells is a little short in the back and doesnt cover the full rear-end of the bike.

Correct me if I am wrong about the size issue, but I have personally been looking for a plain silver cover to have my own HRC logo put on. Id rather not go through the hassle but if it doesnt fit right I wont be happy with it.

Stunna

#10 ·
...and continue to be envious of the gratuitous garage photo posted above.
:notworthy
Here's another gratuitous garage photo from a different angle. I bought this particular house because I knew exactly what I wanted to do to this particular brand new, unmolested, zero-mile garage. End result is epoxy floor, 8 light fixtures, 2 ceiling fans, slightly A/C'd to keep rust away, lots of cabinetry and workbench area, television, and 25 years worth of tools all stored away. It's not an opulent GarageMahal filled with collector cars like is often shown in the car magazines, but it's a pretty effective workspace for me and my local bike pals. I'm a garage-y kinda guy!

#14 ·
For me...it's the $25 Bike Master cover that I found at my local Target. It's made for a large cruiser, but fits my RC51 and my FZ1 with bags just fine. Covers all the way to the ground in both applications. Couldn't be happier..and not having the Honda wings...doesn't bother me for the price.

#15 ·
Bike covers, Man Caves, garages......deep thoughts....

Trace, very nice! Well played, Sir.

My garage IS my Man Cave, so while I know a cheap bike cover from Target,Wal-Mart, etc. would work just fine, I want the OEM Honda one for just a little pride of ownership bling for the Man Cave/Garage I have my bikes parked in.

Now I'm trying to decide if I should track down a Ducati logo'd cover for my Monster, or continue using this cheap one that a friend gave to me.

Decisions, decisions.

Life is rough.

Cheers!

:D

#16 · (Edited)
I want the OEM Honda one for just a little pride of ownership bling for the Man Cave/Garage I have my bikes parked in.
Yes, I know EXACTLY what you mean! :D But I guess I'll leave my bikes nekked in the garage, since I don't have to protect them from anyone within my house, and galpal doesn't do anything when she's here except be sweet, and respectful of my stuff.

However, I DO put big thick folded-over bathtowels on the tanks to give those easily damaged $$$ items a little protection from something stooopid that I might do. Cabinets and helmet shelves are above the bikes.....there's always a chance I might fumble something and chip/dent a tank.

#17 ·
I know it's gunna sound crazy, but the Honda brand soft cover for the current CBR1k fit's like a glove. it's a tad spendy, but very nice, will post pics soon. I do have banzais so it makes the fit much easier. again though, will post pics soon.

#20 ·
it is indeed and it's on a stand as well. I look for a part #.
first part on this page
2008 CBR1000RR Accessories - Honda Genuine Accessories - Honda Powersports

if the link doesn't work, this is the info. it's soft and stretchy with almost a solar fleece feel on the inside. this is the only cover I've come across that doesn't leave really fine scratches in the black paint

CBR Racing Cover
Luxury indoor cycle cover provides protection from polluntants such as dust and pollen. Aggressive design features the Honda Racing logo over a silhouette of the CBR in Honda red. Soft-stretch material allows for a custom fit.
Color:
NA
Part #:
08P34-MFJ-100
MSRP*
$169.95
Dealer installation charges may apply.

#28 ·
Found it: Motorcycle Bike cover Fireblade CBR600 SP1 SP2 RC30 RC4 on eBay (end time 27-Jan-11 10:38:01 GMT)

"This is for a Black/White indoor breathable motorcycle cover which gives a semi tailored fit.
Made from Black polyester it is very strong, but does not scratch
It is elasticated front and rear for easy fitting, and has contrasting white piping and print which is on both sides.
The fabric is breathable,so is ideal in damp sheds/garages as it allows moisture to evapourate, it is also showerproof! This cover is sized to fit the following:VFR400, NC30, CBR600, Fireblade,RC30,RC45,RC51,SP1 and SP2"

Looks like hes got red and black but probably not a genuine honda accessory since he offers a bunch of other manufactures in similar styles.

Im going to see if he would do an HRC one. :D

Stunna

#31 ·
Dear rc51stunna,

Hi Jason, Thanks for the enquiry, and the interest in our products, glad
you like them! If you look on our web Dust Off Motorcycle Covers - In garage and waterproof bike covers for all types of motorcycle including superbikes, trail bikes, cruisers, classics, touring and street bikes. it will give
you an idea of what we do. Its no problem to print the HRC logo on the
sides, we have this on file, but you can send me yours if you want to
check. The cost of the cover would be £35 pounds, plus shipping. You can
buy as many covers as you like, 1 cover we normally send via our Post
Office Cost £10 It takes about 14 days, but its cheap compared to
Fedex/DHL! If you want a few, let me know roughly how many, and I can get
back with an idea of the shipping costs. Hope this helps, Kind
Regards,
Jon
info@dustoffcovers.co.uk

-2005jonnyboy

#32 ·
I bought both to try...

I bought the Tyga version of the Honda OEM cover and then bought the Honda CBR1000RR factory cover with the "Honda Racing" logo on the side.

The Tyga cover is a damn fine cover. It is a medium weight vinyl and is easy to put on and take off. It doesn't fit tightly, which makes it super easy to install and remove for a quick get-a-way. As one person posted above, it DOES sit a little bit high on the rear end, not a big deal. As a side note, it also fits my 1997 Ducati Monster perfectly.

Because it fits my Monster like a glove, I decided to buy the CBR1000RR cover that was posted. A local dealer had one and I drove there yesterday and bought it.

A PERFECT fit on my RC51. It is freakin awesome.

It is a tight, stretch fit. It will take a few minutes to install and remove as it has pockets for the mirrors.

Looks great, very high end, classy. Fits perfectly on my banzai exhaust and MRI "touring" windscreen.

It is the shiznit.

Thanks for your knowledge, Speedzilla gang, you folks are great.

Cheers.

#35 ·
I bought the Tyga version of the Honda OEM cover and then bought the Honda CBR1000RR factory cover with the "Honda Racing" logo on the side.

The Tyga cover is a damn fine cover. It is a medium weight vinyl and is easy to put on and take off. It doesn't fit tightly, which makes it super easy to install and remove for a quick get-a-way. As one person posted above, it DOES sit a little bit high on the rear end, not a big deal. As a side note, it also fits my 1997 Ducati Monster perfectly.

Because it fits my Monster like a glove, I decided to buy the CBR1000RR cover that was posted. A local dealer had one and I drove there yesterday and bought it.

A PERFECT fit on my RC51. It is freakin awesome.

It is a tight, stretch fit. It will take a few minutes to install and remove as it has pockets for the mirrors.

Looks great, very high end, classy. Fits perfectly on my banzai exhaust and MRI "touring" windscreen.

It is the shiznit.

Thanks for your knowledge, Speedzilla gang, you folks are great.

Cheers.
I wonder if they make anything that snazzy that would fit the monstrous stock cans?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.