Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Behind In His Steering...
437 Posts
I have cash, I want to buy a Factory Honda RC51 bike cover.
Is there such a thing? Cool! I wouldn't mind having one of those, myself. Except then I couldn't admire my RC when I'm tinkering around the ol' garage! :banghead

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
I always thought that from the pictures it looked like the honda emblemed cover that tyga sells is a little short in the back and doesnt cover the full rear-end of the bike.

Correct me if I am wrong about the size issue, but I have personally been looking for a plain silver cover to have my own HRC logo put on. Id rather not go through the hassle but if it doesnt fit right I wont be happy with it.

Stunna

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll keep you updated on fit...

...and continue to be envious of the gratuitous garage photo posted above.

:notworthy

·
1,061 Posts
It looks like you could eat off the floor. Really Really Nice.

You should see my garage. Barely any lighting and two Honda's and dismantled parts everywhere. I refuse to put anything away until I'm finished :D

Is there such a thing? Cool! I wouldn't mind having one of those, myself. Except then I couldn't admire my RC when I'm tinkering around the ol' garage! :banghead

·
Registered
401 Posts
Does it have to be a full cover? I use a Home 1/2 cover size medium. Works very well. Fits nice.

·
437 Posts
...and continue to be envious of the gratuitous garage photo posted above.
:notworthy
Here's another gratuitous garage photo from a different angle. I bought this particular house because I knew exactly what I wanted to do to this particular brand new, unmolested, zero-mile garage. End result is epoxy floor, 8 light fixtures, 2 ceiling fans, slightly A/C'd to keep rust away, lots of cabinetry and workbench area, television, and 25 years worth of tools all stored away. It's not an opulent GarageMahal filled with collector cars like is often shown in the car magazines, but it's a pretty effective workspace for me and my local bike pals. I'm a garage-y kinda guy!

·
1,061 Posts
DOUGHNUT......I LOVE YOUR GARAGE!!!!!!:rockon :rockon
Tell that to my girlfriend. All I ever get is "This is such a f$$$ing mess" " How do I find anything in here"

Thats girl for your RC51 is so worth this :D right?

·
Registered
83 Posts
For me...it's the $25 Bike Master cover that I found at my local Target. It's made for a large cruiser, but fits my RC51 and my FZ1 with bags just fine. Covers all the way to the ground in both applications. Couldn't be happier..and not having the Honda wings...doesn't bother me for the price.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bike covers, Man Caves, garages......deep thoughts....

Trace, very nice! Well played, Sir.

My garage IS my Man Cave, so while I know a cheap bike cover from Target,Wal-Mart, etc. would work just fine, I want the OEM Honda one for just a little pride of ownership bling for the Man Cave/Garage I have my bikes parked in.

Now I'm trying to decide if I should track down a Ducati logo'd cover for my Monster, or continue using this cheap one that a friend gave to me.

Decisions, decisions.

Life is rough.

Cheers!

:D

·
437 Posts
I want the OEM Honda one for just a little pride of ownership bling for the Man Cave/Garage I have my bikes parked in.
Yes, I know EXACTLY what you mean! :D But I guess I'll leave my bikes nekked in the garage, since I don't have to protect them from anyone within my house, and galpal doesn't do anything when she's here except be sweet, and respectful of my stuff.

However, I DO put big thick folded-over bathtowels on the tanks to give those easily damaged $$$ items a little protection from something stooopid that I might do. Cabinets and helmet shelves are above the bikes.....there's always a chance I might fumble something and chip/dent a tank.

·
chimp on my shoulder
2,437 Posts
I know it's gunna sound crazy, but the Honda brand soft cover for the current CBR1k fit's like a glove. it's a tad spendy, but very nice, will post pics soon. I do have banzais so it makes the fit much easier. again though, will post pics soon.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That looks great!...

So, that's an RC51 with banzai exhaust under that Honda CBR1000RR cover in those two photos?

Do you have a part number?

·
chimp on my shoulder
2,437 Posts
it is indeed and it's on a stand as well. I look for a part #.
first part on this page
2008 CBR1000RR Accessories - Honda Genuine Accessories - Honda Powersports

if the link doesn't work, this is the info. it's soft and stretchy with almost a solar fleece feel on the inside. this is the only cover I've come across that doesn't leave really fine scratches in the black paint

CBR Racing Cover
Luxury indoor cycle cover provides protection from polluntants such as dust and pollen. Aggressive design features the Honda Racing logo over a silhouette of the CBR in Honda red. Soft-stretch material allows for a custom fit.
Color:
NA
Part #:
08P34-MFJ-100
MSRP*
$169.95
Dealer installation charges may apply.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts