Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Im looking for a set of brake pads for my track dedicated RC51. I have been using the HRC soft bites but its time to replace them. Let me know what you have sitting around. Vesrah SR2jl would be fun to try. Im not looking for street pads.

Thanks in advance

RSKYBNS

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Carbone Lorraine C55's are your answer! They are cheap as hell at $85 a set and they have excellent initial bite with only the tiniest bit of fade under only really really aggressive use! When you do experience fade it is ever so slight & stays consistent from that point!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LDH,

How are the C43's different from the C55's. Im haveing a hard time locating the C55's for the RC51. I do see the C43's (Knee Draggers). Does your Shop(Kyle Racing) sell the C55's for the RC51? Thanks in advance?

RSKYBNS

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
C55's were the latest & greatest offering for race pads from CL

C59's are starting to replace them, but the compound change is negligible at best

I ship them out every day of the week

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
C55's were the latest & greatest offering for race pads from CL

C59's are starting to replace them, but the compound change is negligible at best

I ship them out every day of the week

Hey Mike,

So are you saying that "You" recommend these over the HRC pads Now or are you going for the "Cheap" part of RSKYBNS question?

Peace Jeff

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
I've been using the Carbone Lorraine C55's for several seasons now in my 1000RR with OEM Tokico's. I cannot say enough good things about them and I have turned many of my fellow instructors & racers onto these pads and not ONE of them has come back to me with a negative comment about them. I've converted a ton of guys that were using Galfer pads to these & every single one of those people now agrees the Galfer stuff is shit in comparison. These C55's will take the Pepsi challenge with anything on the market period. It's just a bonus that they are so inexpensive!

I recently upgraded to the Brembo GP4-RX calipers & after just one day at Infineon I threw those Z03 pads that come in those calipers in the trash can!

Switch to the C55's and now I have the best of both worlds. Brembo Precision and power with excellent initial bite & fade resistance!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts