Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
LED Tail Lights!

Ground Control to Doughnut Spaghetti! Checkout this Site! I had that Same Undertail from Hotbodies with the Arrow LEDs! I bought the Universal Round Light LED Clusters! Red Running/Yellow Signal! Also with that I bought the LED Flush Mount Indicators & the Wicked Strobe Flasher! With the ELFR Programmable LED Flasher! [email protected]@Ks Like a Space Ship at Night!

My Front Turn signals are Bright White Running & Yellow when they Flash to Turn! At Night Your Peripheral Vision is XXCELLENT!

Custom LED: Motorcycle Light, Tail Light, Blinker, Flasher Relay, Load Equalizer

·
Registered
153 Posts
LED Tail Lights!

K! H-RC51
Hotbodies tells You to Use a Heat Gun to Remove the Silicone from their Lights! In the Instructions for Removal/Replacemet!

Remove all of the Silicone from the Tail Light with the Heat Gun & what's left of the Residue with Goo-B-Gone! Don't Forget to Use Vinegar to Neutralize the Acetate from the Goo-B-Gone on the Tail! Very Important!

The HB's sit into the Tail Housing Flushed & Held into Place By the Silicone Only! Once You Remove it This is What You Can Do;

1st & Foremost, after Cleaning Out the Tail Lights of it's Lights & the Silicone, Mark the Outer Circumference of the Openings of the Tail Lights withe the Cardinal Points/Clock 12-3-6-9-O-Clock to Center LED Lights! Use Carpenters pencil or Wax Pen so You can Remove the Marks Easily! You can also do This Before You Remove the Lights as Well:)

1: Use an Exacto Knife to Remove Clear Lens & Gutted. Put Universal Round LED Cluster Light On Front Plate ( Remember to Mark 4-Clock Points on the LED's As Well) with Light Amount of Silicon. Light Pressure Checking Marks & Let Set Over Night to Dry!
*Do this with the Lights ON! Check Periodically during the Install that the LED's Are Even & Aligned! You Might Need Sun Glasses! Seriously! If You Really Want to Go Blind, Do this Project @ Night!

2: Use Cut Outs from PVC Connector Pipes with their Gaskets to fit Into the Openings of the Tail Lights! This Procedure Requires a Little Bit More Elbow Grease! This "1" is for You Ingenuitive Bad A$$'s

Hope this Helps!

·
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank You sirs!

I may actually have to buy an undertail, as I bought a racing tail that looked like it had a place for H.B. style lights, but after installing it, it looks like you won't even be able to see said lights. I'm going to mess around with it a bit more today to see, but it looks like I'm going to have to trim that area away and install an under tail.

btw

Awesome write up gpcommander. Thank You for the info.

·
Registered
153 Posts
RC51 Tail Lights

Checkout Some of these Mods on Youtube;
YouTube - Clear Alternatives Integrated Taillight RC51

My Favorite!
YouTube - RC51 Undertail Tail light Mod

There was an RC51 Owner who Did the R1 Tail Mod with the VFX Dr. X Kit
YouTube - Dr-X Kitts

Still [email protected]@King for "1" of These>YouTube - Dr-X Kitts

Undertails From Past RC51 Manufacturers; Click On Mods on the Bottom Left (2nd from the bottom) then go to Undertails! ROGUE RC51 Owners Group of United Enthusiasts

It's Getting Harder to find Great RC51 Undertails Anymore! The Best "1"s have been Discontinued like the Rumble Concepts Storm Series! And Mototeck!

·
Registered
345 Posts
might be worth a phone call to hotbodies. I had one go out a couple years back, and I called them with intentions of buying one, they told me that they had some problems with the leds and that they just needed my address and they would ship me out a new set free of charge.. otherwise im sure there not to much.. how many do U need, I have one that in new sitting on my work bench
and I just used a heat gun to remove the old ones, and gasket maker to put the new ones in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.