Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a 42 tooth rear sprocket floating around they would be willing to part with? I have seen the "JT" ones on E-bay but am hesitant to use them and I don't have a whole lot of cash to spend right now. If anyones got one gathering dust let me know.

·
1,061 Posts
I may have a used vortex one at home that still has some life left in it. I'll let you now once I get home. It's 520. Will that work?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Doughnut, Thank you for checking, but I need a 530. I still have the stock gearing and it's killing me. I read something on the rogue site about using a 42T until the chain and front sprocket wear enough to justify replacing so I'm just gonna swap the sprocket for now.

·
And Stateside again...
2,537 Posts
Darkest go one tooth down in the front. Front sprockets new are only like 15.00 from Dennis Kirk and it will make a world of difference.

BTW if you have never heard this 1 tooth on the front sprocket is equal to roughly 3 teeth on the rear. so -1 front would be equal too +3 rear(roughly).

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TLRSKUNK, just wanted to say thank you for the advice, that's what I did and it worked out very well.

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Just don't do wheelies like Lee the "TLRstunter" does or you will be putting in fork seals :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts