Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Captain Obvious
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thought I was only going to need a left fork slider.
Dug into my front end this weekend. Looks like both fork tubes are tweaked.... Argggggg :banghead

So, I'm looking for a set of forks for my 03 RC51.

Anyone got a set they wanna sell.

email me: [email protected]

Edit: 11/13/2005 - No longer in need. Thanks to all for your help.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I would call DK. He had some take offs for a fair price when I needed some.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Chalk me up for needing a set as well. Just a heads up what was DK charging. I like to know this up front so I know what its going to cost me when I have to take the wife shopping. :woot:

·
Registered
696 Posts
1literduceater said:
Just a heads up what was DK charging. I like to know this up front so I know what its going to cost me when I have to take the wife shopping. :woot:
Oh man, I wish I could remember. Whatever it was it seemed more than fair, and they were top shelf quality. A very clean, new set. And BTW, it's not so bad being single:D .

·
Captain Obvious
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
brvt1000 said:
I would call DK. He had some take offs for a fair price when I needed some.
I talked to DK a yesterday. He does not currently have any take-offs.... but he did have a couple of outer fork tubes available... which I promptly snarfed :p

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
pdfruth said:
I talked to DK a yesterday. He does not currently have any take-offs.... but he did have a couple of outer fork tubes available... which I promptly snarfed :p

Just out of curiosity did you buy the triple off ebay last night for the upper, lower, or stem?

·
Captain Obvious
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
varium said:
Just out of curiosity did you buy the triple off ebay last night for the upper, lower, or stem?
Yup, I saw you raise in the last 6 seconds. Sorry :eek:

·
Captain Obvious
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
varium said:
Tried to PM you but your over your quota on space, so the system will not allow anyone to send you new PM's. Looks like you better clean up. (Hint: don't forget to delete "Sent" PM's too).

I needed the lower + stem.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Throttle said:
I have a set off of a 01', what r u willing to pay?
I assume the 01 will work with my 03??

I am not sure what forks are going for. Can anyone help me here??

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
1literduceater said:
I assume the 01 will work with my 03??

I am not sure what forks are going for. Can anyone help me here??
Yeah those will work on your '03, I am not sure what they are going for right now, eBay is allways a good indicator, if it is a real no reserve auction to gauge the real market value. I have been out of the country and not keeping an eye on here or eBay lately....but....

I have three different sets, one 02 stock with 0 miles on new seals and fluid.
Set of 04's with less than a 1000 miles done by Dan Kyle for #230 rider
And a set of the new style Ohlins R&T....

When I figure out what I am going to do with my track RC next week (or if I am gonna ride the 600) I will post em up, or a link to a no reserve auction.

·
Captain Obvious
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Throttle said:
I have a set off of a 01', what r u willing to pay?
I'm in the process of cobbling together a set from parts.
I'll probably kick myself, but I'll take a pass on the '01 forks.
1liter can snarf em.

I've seen several OEM forks in ebay auctions over the last few weeks. Anywhere from the mid-to-upper 300's to low-to-mid 400's.

I don't know if the 01 forks will work on the 03. If you look at the Honda parts fiche, they show a different part number. Don't know if there's a difference in dimensions, or if it's purely internal.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Rothmans said:
Yeah those will work on your '03, I am not sure what they are going for right now, eBay is allways a good indicator, if it is a real no reserve auction to gauge the real market value. I have been out of the country and not keeping an eye on here or eBay lately....but....

I have three different sets, one 02 stock with 0 miles on new seals and fluid.
Set of 04's with less than a 1000 miles done by Dan Kyle for #230 rider
And a set of the new style Ohlins R&T....

When I figure out what I am going to do with my track RC next week (or if I am gonna ride the 600) I will post em up, or a link to a no reserve auction.
I just happen to weigh 230#....I am interested in either the 02 or the o4 sets....let me talk to my parts guy guru first....paging RIGOR :rockon :rockon :rockon ??

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
pdfruth said:
I'm in the process of cobbling together a set from parts.
I'll probably kick myself, but I'll take a pass on the '01 forks.
1liter can snarf em.

I've seen several OEM forks in ebay auctions over the last few weeks. Anywhere from the mid-to-upper 300's to low-to-mid 400's.

I don't know if the 01 forks will work on the 03. If you look at the Honda parts fiche, they show a different part number. Don't know if there's a difference in dimensions, or if it's purely internal.
Sorry to jack your thread. I am going to pass on the 01's.

·
Captain Obvious
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1literduceater said:
Sorry to jack your thread. I am going to pass on the 01's.
No worries... I'm committed down a path of rebuilding what I've got now. Although it looks to be a little more $$ than I had hoped, there's no turning back. Trying to look at it on the positive side... I know exactly what's inside, and how their sprung now.

Anyhow. Go For it. Here's hoping you find something within your budget.:rolleyes:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts