Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Is anyone else so exited about this year SBKs or just me.... just a couple weeks more... i think 26 February is the first race in Qatar.

Modified by Giannis at 12:51 PM 2/8/2005

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Wsbk (Giannis)

This is my best guess:

Photo 1: Corser
Photo 2: Haga
Photo 3: No Clue
Photo 4: Corser & Kagayama

How'd I do?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Wsbk (YellowJacket)

My pick for the '05 championship goes to Corser on the Corona Suzuki.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Giannis »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Is anyone else so exited about this year SBKs or just me.... just a couple weeks more... i think 26 February is the first race in Qatar.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm with you on this. This looks to be one of the best seasons for a while. I think the spec tire is going to be the great wildcard. I'm also bummed that there is no US round, just when the series looks like it might be pulling it self out of a bottomless pit.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I'm pumped for this next WSBK season. They just need to get the formula set. If they do that all factories will be in.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Wsbk (SP8)

Bostrom should be a player once the bike gets sorted out. It will be cool to see corser back on something competitive too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Wsbk (Marc Gif)

His AMA Honda wasn't competitive?

Oh and,

GO CORSER,

AND HAGA,

AND YUKIO

AND BOSTROM

AND EVERYBODY ELSE TOO!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Wsbk (svmango)

I am sure his AMA bike was up to snuff but the new ride is a kit bike and from the way it sounds a lil different from his AMA ride. I think he has as good a shot as any if he is in to it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Wsbk (Marc Gif)

BBoz was on TWT last night. He definitely is looking forward to the season.

I think his problems last year were more physical; (vertigo, arm pump, etc.) than mechanical. He is with a top team this year, that has some track record of success. The biggest problem is that the field got a lot deeper since last year as well, so there will be more challenges.

My guess is that the fight will be between Haga and Corser.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Wsbk (spezjag)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spezjag »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My guess is that the fight will be between Haga and Corser.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I too have been a Corser fan over the years, but 1996 was his last Championship and he has always shown brilliance in qualifying or for a short period in a race. I think he is on the down hill side of his career. Why does no one even mention James Toseland and Regis Laconi? I mean it's not like they suck as riders and Nori was on the same basic bikes and couldn't deal with them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Wsbk (Phil 998)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Phil 998 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Why does no one even mention James Toseland and Regis Laconi? </TD></TR></TABLE>

It may be due to the fact that they are riding for Ducati and most people I have talked to are excited about the possibilty of a non-Ducati on top.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Phil 998 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Nori was on the same basic bikes and couldn't deal with them.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I disagree. Haga did indeed deal with them by leading on many occassions and winning as well. If he had not had a couple mechanicals things *might* have been different. I think that Haga is one of the reasons why Corse has scaled back their satellite support in 2005. Corse doesn't like the B-Team giving their A-Team any smack.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Wsbk (Tripod-R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tripod-R »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I think that Haga is one of the reasons why Corse has scaled back their satellite support in 2005. Corse doesn't like the B-Team giving their A-Team any smack.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Do you think it would taste any better to them by being beat by the same guy on a different brand? I'm not buying that. Maybe, but it doesn't make sense.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Phil 998 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Do you think it would taste any better to them by being beat by the same guy on a different brand? I'm not buying that. Maybe, but it doesn't make sense.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree... absolutely not, but that is something Corse has no direct control over.

However, Corse did play a part in the level support the Renegade Ducati team received in 2004... and one of the reasons why Renegade is switching to Honda... because Corse is scaling back support for 2005.

I could be wrong, but I think this is why Corse is pulling back support. It's easier on the pocketbook + it lends itself to making the 2005 Xerox Ducati team THE Ducati team in WSBK.

Heck, Haga still came in 3rd place in the championship with a couple DNF's. It's results like these that make Corse re-think things... and like you said, especially when Honda/Chris V. is also a force to be reckoned with.

Just my
Ok, I did 4 cents... 2 more than asked for.

Modified by Tripod-R at 10:33 AM 2/9/2005

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Wsbk (Dave)

I ride a Ducati and find WSBK to be pretty lame as a Ducati showcase series. I may watch it more closely now that more of the Japanese manufacturers are putting bikes in the series. Should be way more interesting. IMHO.

PS. That GSXR looks pretty wicked in all black.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Phil 998 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Do you think it would taste any better to them by being beat by the same guy on a different brand? I'm not buying that. Maybe, but it doesn't make sense.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think it's more the non factory ducs blowing up on several occasions .. not them getting beat by bikes of the same make. All Ducati wants is a Ducati on top right? It doesnt help their image though to see a Ducati at every round smoking like a European!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Anybody else notice in the first picture that Corser's mechanic kinda looks like Arthur Fonzarelli?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Why does no one even mention James Toseland and Regis Laconi? I mean it's not like they suck as riders and Nori was on the same basic bikes and couldn't deal with them.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

haga had mechanicals periodically throughout the entire season. if his bike would have kept running he would have indeed been champion last year. he had 4 rounds where he scored zero points cause his bike blew up. steve martin also had 2 or 3 races where he was going to finish on the podium when his motor blew up. ducati corse bikes are not basicly the same bike as the 999rs, unless u mean they look the same.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: Wsbk (Tripod-R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tripod-R »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Heck, Haga still came in 3rd place in the championship with a couple DNF's.

Modified by Tripod-R at 10:33 AM 2/9/2005</TD></TR></TABLE>

with laconi and toseland falling off or riding horribly, it sure was convenient for the corse team that haga's bike kept blowing up.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts