Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Big Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know who's showing WSBK? WSS is being shown on Tues but I cant find WSBK anywhere!!! Fooking Speed!! Theyre like the drive thru at McDonalds. "They fook you in the drive through!" :banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead

·
Big Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Someone has to help me on this b/c Im going to lose it!! Im missing UFC and now Im going to miss WSBK?? :banghead:banghead

·
Registered
124 Posts
WSBK on Speed Monday afternoon

Guys WSBK is on Monday afternoon... SLC is a moron city... hence the race on Monday.. the masterminds at Miller thought they would have more of turn out on Monday...

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
Miller WSBK was a great time when I went 2 years ago but the crowds are embarassing. It's in the middle of nowhere and the attendance really reflects it. WSBK really needs an US round but I'm not sure Miller is situated in the best locale.:eek:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Politics and financial clout often win over what makes sense.

There are far more suitable venues than Miller. I'm not so well informed as to know exactly what the FIM rules state in terms of track parameters but I would imagine that might have a little to do with it as well. Personally, I'd love to see them race at Road Atlanta or Infineon.

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
If NJMP didn't fudge up there original plans of combining both circuits together, I'd say that would be the perfect place for a WSBK round. Three major cities within 2-3 hrs along with the most densely populated region per square mile. Last yr's AMA round was touted as not only being the MOST spectated event at NJMP but also the largest AMA event of the yr.

The NJ/NYC tri-state area is full of mc enthusiasts who've been waiting for an eternity for mc racing to come to our region, it's a shame. I'm REALLY wishing some racing financiers/enthusiasts choose another site to build on closer to NYC, say off of I78 somewhere and that they do it right this time. There would be no better area in the US to sponsor a world event imho.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Miller as a track and the community here in UT has truly embraced the influx of cash that follows this series. Don't get me wrong, foreigner, Kansas a d Styx may not be big bands now but based on the demographic here it was perfect. 50'000 people were here last night leaving the kids at home in the trailor baby sat by the neighbors dog.

Long story short, people watching alone is worth it!

·
Registered
940 Posts
Race 2 really seems kinda boring to me for some reason. A few crashes but just seems blah for some reason.:eek:
Yep, good thing I happened to be filpping around and caught it on Speed as it wasnt in the listings.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Miller WSBK was a great time when I went 2 years ago but the crowds are embarassing. It's in the middle of nowhere and the attendance really reflects it. WSBK really needs an US round but I'm not sure Miller is situated in the best locale.:eek:

I kept looking at the airline tickets, almost $800 bucks without all the fees, round trip. The tickets for the race were great, but the prices for the plane ticket, hotel, and associated crap was just too much to go to Utah. Utah.Of all places. If the plane ticket would have been a few hundred less I would have been there. I'm not spending close to $2k on a weekend for myself, with myself, by myself ;) lol

I am really hoping that since there is going to be a track built just outside of Austin to accomidate F1 in 2012, and the 10 years after, that more FIM races will be held there. Especially since Austin is less than 200 miles from me, I have spent time in Austin, and Austin isone hell of a party town!

Chris

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Dude, I flew out there for work (;) ) but planned the trip MONTHS ago. I did buy my round trip airfare without using any miles in Feb for 400ish. Not a week later I tried to buy a ticket for my girl and they jumped up to the 600 mark or higher.

I even slept in my car (again) to save my money and not make the company pay for all of my fun stuff!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts