Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
9 more? That seems like a stretch. More like 4 on the last thing I read.

And even if there were 9, the will be constant backmarkers if they are a new team and using a claiming engine. The CRT riders will not have a chance.
On April 30th 2011, the FIM announced that 14 teams containing 21 riders, not currently participating in the MotoGP class, had been provided with terms and conditions for participation in 2012. Those teams were invited to confirm their interest and submit comprehensive details of their plans for participation to IRTA. The deadline was Saturday May 14th.

I believe 9 TEAMS were invited and 7 of them have paid their deposits so are "confirmed". It's unclear how many teams will field 2 riders but that's at least 7 riders confirmed and I believe I read that more than one team was prepared to field a two rider team. Hmmm, wonder where all these riders will come from? Certainly not all Moto2 riders?:confused:

·
12,576 Posts
15 bikes started the last MotoGp event....

Matthew
And everyone was healthy for WSBK and they managed 20 riders. Yawn........! Did u see that Miller event? A complete joke! The attendance probably rivaled the Qatar round of MotoGP.:rolleyes: If you think WSBK is the future and "strong" like you claimed before then you just don't understand how numbers work. 30% decrease in field in 5 years isn't healthy.

·
12,576 Posts
This is true, but I wouldn't use the USA as a primary factor in WSBK attendance example, with the USA being nowhere NEAR as sportbike mad as parts of Europe where much of this series is based/held.

Let's see Spain's attendance figures, for example...or Italy or UK.
Silverstone had a 3day attendance of 65k while MotoGP did RACE DAY attendance of 70,100 last year. Jerez MotoGP race pulls in 122k on raceday, and Brno pulls 148k. The Brno 3 day is probably over a quarter million people.:rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.