Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Suddenly, Laconi is on fire, and the Ducati's are starting to get results. There is still time in the season for Ducati to fight for the Championship.

Anyone have any idea what factors are causing the change in fortune? Corser getting lax? Ducati getting pissed? Laconi worried about a job?

Comments?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: WSB... (998R)

It's to late to catch Rossi, and Mladin?

Most likely Ducati is hitting WSBK like gangbusters, because they are 'still in it'. The other 2 championships they were gunning for are all but claimed.....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: WSB... (Saginaw748)

I think there is some truth to that. WSB has been a series that Ducati has had so much success in it doesn't make sense for them to go half azz now... especially since the MotoGP effort is only really showing flashes of brilliance... and Hodgy is still learning tracks.

With Fredo... err... Laconi being 110 pts. down on Corser, something catastrophic is going to have to happen to Corser for Laconi to take the championship. Regardless, it's great to watch!

It will be interesting to see which of the Duck boyz will finish ahead of the other... Laconi or Toseland?? If Regis has his groove on again, then Toseland had better power down some Red Bulls because it looks like this Frenchman has lost his white flag.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Laconi has always been a right good rider, right, even for a tadpole, and he is a wee inconsistant, but right good on him. Toseland needs ter pull finger, I think its too late. Unless corser retires, the title is all his for the taking

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: WSB... (neddyseagoon748)

It is possible. Edwards outpointed Bayliss 241 to 181 in the last 5 rounds of 2002 to win the crown. Bayliss had only one DNF. If Corser has a couple races with no points and Laconi has 8 or 9 race wins and no DNFs it could happen...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: WSB... (999)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 999 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If Corser has a couple races with no points and Laconi has 8 or 9 race wins and no DNFs it could happen...</TD></TR></TABLE>
Do you grow your own, or just have a really good supplier?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: WSB... (Rocket51)

I just got done watching race 2...did that sound like the announcers were calling out Mladin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We are talking about Corser here. He was the one who was right in the hunt one year, and wrecked himself so bad at the final round he fell out of contention. Anythings possible. Thought I REALLY want to see Corser win. After all those years of struggle, including the heartbreaker year with Aprilia, he deserves it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (stk0308)

According to MCN over here, some form of traction control looks to be the thing that’s getting them the better results and it’s coming from their Moto GP bikes. They’ve been trying and perfecting it for a while.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (Harvey T.)

You talkin' about Ducati? WSB would only allow traction control if it were on their production bikes. 999's don't even have a slipper clutch, do they?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: WSB... (Rocket51)

People sure have a short memory!

Everybody thought Troy Bayliss had it wrapped up too! All it takes is one tumble and a wrist or collarbone break and Laconi could close the gap in two race weekends.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rocket51 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Do you grow your own, or just have a really good supplier?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

I just got done watching race #2 off of TiVo. Did anyone else pick up the announcers saying the Mat Mladdin should come to WSBK along with his team? That would prove interesting but I think he would have a challenge with the tires and learning the tracks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (Rocket51)

Rocket 51, Slipper clutches have been on Ducati’s for yonks. The rules will allow Ducati to try anything, their Italian

1 - 14 of 14 Posts