Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must tell you what happen to me yesterday and I still don't believe it. A buddy of mine on his R1 and I decided to put up with the heat (95+ and high humidity) and go riding. We both wore coolmax shirts/pants along with textile jacket/pants combos. While I don't deny it was hot once you where at "speed" it was actually comfortable.

We decided to stay close to the river on the Wisconsin side and ride down county 35 from Prescott Wisconsin thinking it would be cooler. We saw a lot of Heavy metal cruisers both American made and Japanese along with a couple of sportbikes. The sportbike riders coming northbound kept pointing down to inform us to watch our speed since the police where ahead. We didn't see any police for around 10 miles so we decided to up the pace on a downhill curve, my buddy on his R1 was in the lead. Well no sooner than we twist the throttle we see a nose of a squad car sticking out of the weeds at the bottom. I glance down to see we are just a little bit over the 55 MPH speed limit.. ok not just a little.. ok ok where we in TRIPLE digits (110)! Iimmediately grab as much front brake as I could. My buddy ahead of me did the same. As we roll by we see the lights go on and Wisconsin finest pull out behind us.. We begin to slow down and pull over, me in front of my buddies R1. The tropper pulls in behind us I already have my helmet off, earplugs out and papers ready..What happens next was simply amazing..

Trooper: Howdy boys! Do you know how fast you where going?
Us: Yes
Trooper: Umm.. Umm.. You admit you where speeding?
Trooper: Do you know the speed I clocked you at?
Us: Probably around 110?
Trooper: Yes! Don't you know you don't admit crimes to a cop?!
Trooper: Wow! You guys are the first to tell me the truth all day.. Also you are the first to be wearing any protective gear! The last guy I pulled over on a sportbike had on shorts!
Us: Yes, why lie when you have us nailed and we think its dumb not to have on gear
Trooper: Well that's a good additude to have.. (now the trooper begins to look at our bikes)
Trooper: What are you guys riding? WOW! Is that a Ducati?!
Me: Yes it is..
Trooper: Ducati's are cool. I love Ducs. Because you are the first guys who didn't lie to me today, you wear your gear and you ride a Ducati I'll let you off with a warning...

I didn't believe it.. The Ducati gods where smiling upon me yesterday..

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Wow, is that a Ducati?! (drthompson65)

score one for the red team.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I dont beleive you

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Wow, is that a Ducati?! (brettmess24)

... and then the cop says, "Hey, how would you guys like to meet my daughters? They just finished modeling school!" Suddenly, two of the hottest girls we've ever seen stepped out of the cop car, and they proceeded to........

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by brettmess24 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I dont beleive you
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't believe it either... I thought I would be screwed for another three years.. and Wisconsin troopers love MN riders (you have to pay on the spot).

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

one of the best cop/biker stories ever!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by drthompson65 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> (you have to pay on the spot).</TD></TR></TABLE>

I never heard of that before.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Wow, is that a Ducati?! (Loosecannon)

Wisconsin State Troopers are the sadest form of law enforcement in the world

I guess the Doc happened to run into the coolest in the world

I still dont beleive it though
You would have to have video first

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by drthompson65 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">(you have to pay on the spot).</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Loosecannon »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I never heard of that before.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I got pulled over in Ohio one time, pulling my race rig. Not only did the cop have me pay on the spot, he had his own credit card machine! It was the old style machine where it takes an imprint of your card...

I thought, what kind of scam do they have going on here???

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I'm moving to Wisconsin.

I was doing 74 in a 55 commuting to work. I was in the HOV lane being passed by the cars to my right. I got pulled by a Virginia State Trooper who claimed to have paced me at 74. I didn't lie, I was wearing all my gear, and riding my Ducati. I still got a freaking ticket!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Wow, is that a Ducati?! (redduck)

"I'm a student at a small southwestern college. I was in my dorm room late one friday studing for midterms when there was a knock on my door. When I opened the door there in front of me were two of the most beautiful women I have ever seen. It seems that there car had broken down and they could see my light on from the street..."

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Wow, is that a Ducati?! (redduck)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by redduck »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm moving to Wisconsin.

I was doing 74 in a 55 commuting to work. I was in the HOV lane being passed by the cars to my right. I got pulled by a Virginia State Trooper who claimed to have paced me at 74. I didn't lie, I was wearing all my gear, and riding my Ducati. I still got a freaking ticket!</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have only been pulled over one time on the Duc about 2 years ago (CHP pulled me and another bike over to look at our bikes/ No ticket), until this past Wednesday I got pulled over in my girlfriends cage. 74 in a 55 in the foothills, caught me on laser radar.
So I start talking to the CHP officer because once he walks back to his car I know it is a done deal. After ten minutes I drove away with a warning.

Knock on wood

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: Wow, is that a Ducati?! (CaliDuc)

That is cool Dr., the few times I have been pulled up usually end in tears.

Funny enough, the only time I didn't get done was by the biggest arseholes in within Wonka feds, he said he had caught the front bike on the radar thingy, as we pulled in when he flagged us down, my riding buddy and I switched positions front to back and side to side, when pulled in like a pissed snake and confused him.

He then gave us a lecture about how he caught us bewteen 116 and 118 ...., so we asked him, Ok so was that 117
by any chance, we asked to see the radar thingy and he backed off and became friendly and told us he was gonna "let us off with a <U>fello bikers</U> warnings, I know another fed that works with hin, apparently he has never riden a bike in his life, not bad for a fello biker

I think that will keep for next time

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Wow, is that a Ducati?! (Monstaman)

Wisconsin state patrol? A warning?? No effin way. Those effin effers will write their mother a ticket.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: Wow, is that a Ducati?! (Old Fart)

I'm driving in Mexico and get pulled over by the Police. He says I was speeding and wants $40 on the spot or he will take me to sse the judge. We have all heard the Mexican jail stories. I offer him $20 and he says no and demands $40. I say, let's go see the judge. The judge is 3 blocks away. He asks if I was speeding. I say yes and he says it's a $12 fine. I pay it and I'm on my way to the beach. The policeman is not happy.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: Wow, is that a Ducati?! (Old Fart)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Old Fart »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wisconsin state patrol? A warning?? No effin way. Those effin effers will write their mother a ticket.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's exactly how I see it, and thats why I don't beleive the Doc I need a second opinion

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: Wow, is that a Ducati?! (trussdude)

i was pulled over three times last week. sunday i got a written warning for 64 in a 45, which i was doing. the other two were within 10 minutes of each other on the same road. they both were local cops from the same town, they both told me that they knew it was hot out and to keep the speed down. i found out later they were looking for a stolen bike and were just fishing for my response when they pulled me over.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That sword has two edges. I got pulled over by some smalltown A$$hole cop with a chip on his shoulder. He made a couple of comments like I am a spoiled bastard for having a $15K + motorcycle and then proceeded to write me for every ticket he possibley could. He even went as far as to try and have my bike impounded because my inspection sticker had fallen off the lisence plate. BTW I was pulled over for what he said was "going to fast" and got a careless driving ticket (couldn't write me up for speeding cause he did not clock me) and a no inspection ticket which i got dropped cause I showed up to court with the written report from my inspection. I was not even speeding. Was on my way home from riding on some nice country roads and was just cruising and relaxing. Bull$#!+.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: Wow, is that a Ducati?! (hearing8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hearing8 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">"I'm a student at a small southwestern college. I was in my dorm room late one friday studing for midterms when there was a knock on my door. When I opened the door there in front of me were two of the most beautiful women I have ever seen. It seems that there car had broken down and they could see my light on from the street..."

</TD></TR></TABLE>

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

"Hey, how would you guys like to meet my daughters? They just finished modeling school!"

I've met those girls; they're all right.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts