Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man that guy sometimes just makes me speechless:eek: ...my brackets broke on my banzais and in 24 HOURS i had new ones at the front of my door for a wopping price of $0.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO WONDER HIS FUCKIN' NUMBER 1!!!!!:rockon

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just curious, but how did they break. I assume you are talking about the hanger brackets that attach to the subframe. My RC has been through 3 track crashes, where I had to hammer the fuck out of those brackets to straighten them out and they never broke.

We are always talking about how great Dan is at customer service, but it seems like quite a few people have been coming on here lately to tall a story about how great he was after some Sato piece took a shit. What's going on here?

·
Registered
344 Posts
I'm kind of wondering the same thing. I've seen no less then 4 sets of sato pipes in person and I'm just not impressed with the quality even though the HP numbers look really good. I love the look of the rear sets and I want some but all this has me questioning myself over this purchase. Rivets, carbon discoloration, broken hangars, etc... what gives? Has anyone had issues with the rear sets?

·
Registered
58 Posts
hangers

I had a problem with the Ti exhaust hangers - the bend was off on one of the hangers and my exhaust pipe was hitting the swingarm. Fortunately, it was a solid piece and I just bend the shit out of it - per Kyle's suggestion.

Thinking back, I would rather have a hanger that was right and not bent into submission.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Man that's weared, it looks like someone was standing on the pipes and they snaped off :D , i've never seen them break like that before. I guess it's just luck of the draw.

·
Tough Crowd Racing #167
1,374 Posts
I've never had any problems with my exhaust or rearsets:twocents

·
Registered
139 Posts
The earlier Sato Banzai mounts were hollow and could snap (like the picture above), the later one were made solid.

So you can get your hollow ones swapped out for the later solid ones from Dan.

·
Enormous Member
1,460 Posts
entropy said:
more reason not to praise Kyle and his shop. he isn't doing you a favor - he's playing his part in correcting problems caused by bad products, which were sold by him.
Wow dude you are way the hell off base. Dan has nothing to do with the design nor the manufacturing process of his vendors. He is swapping ou these parts on his own nickle. even pays for the shipping. You think his staff work for free? you think this is some giant cover up or manufacturer re-call?

Dan is a stand up guy that is aware of a product he sold being defective. He is also aware that 90% of these have outlived the bikes they where bolted onto. He is not legally required nor is he morally compelled to replace this stuff. He just wants his customers to be able to enjoy the products that he sold them as intended.

When the firs hollow mounts began to fail Dan contacted the Manufacturer and was informed a re-design had taken place. that the parts would be replaced at no charge however shipping and handling charges where on the distributors.

In the past Dan has replaced springs on shocks that had several hundred miles on them at no charge because the customer mistakenly requested the wrong rate in the first place. I have personally seen Dan replace a 2 year old Power Commander that was out of any symblence of a warranty period at no charge. These cases are all stand alone and I am sure there have been a few un-happy events with other customers in the past however Dan and his company strive to offer a profesional and informative product to his clients.

Bythe way when was the last time you heard of Two Brothers replacing anything they sold? Believe me, the stuiff they sell fails at an alarming rate:rolleyes:

·
Registered
58 Posts
He sold a defective product, period. He shouldn't be praised for doing something he should anyway.

I'm speaking of the praise, not the man - keep it straight.

By the way, every single product, which was defective, that I've bought from my local parts man was replaced at no charge to me and, frankly, seamlessly.

I cannot say the same about Dan Kyle.

·
Enormous Member
1,460 Posts
entropy said:
By the way, every single product, which was defective, that I've bought from my local parts man was replaced at no charge to me and, frankly, seamlessly.

I cannot say the same about Dan Kyle.
What defective parts did you buy from your local parts man?

And uhm Dan is not a local parts guy to most of you. He is handling this stuff by mail.

You did drive down to your local parts guy. I would be curious exactly what type of inventory he has???? How long did it take for him to order it? then you made a second trip down there. It is all semantics. I wish I had a local parts guy that was worth a shit. Dan is local to me and that makes me pretty lucky. However Dan only stocks Sato, Arata and a hand full of other Manufactureres so I am still stuck witht he local stealerships that know more about lawnmowers then motorcycles.

Good on you for having a solid local parts guy. You are far and away a minority in that regard

·
Registered
58 Posts
Over the period of three bikes, I've bought just about everything on the bike (with the exception of engine internals) - body parts, mirrors, bolts, electrical, rear sets, suspension, clothing etc. and on more than one occassion the parts were wrong, of poor quality or just plain crap. Without question, my parts guy takes it back on the spot and makes it right. It should be noted, I met the guy when buying parts so it isn't like he was a friend prior to my becoming a customer.
As a consumer, I expect to get what I pay for everytime - I don't like to settle for something that isn't correct.
Granted, I've spent far less money at Kyle's shop compared to my local shop, but that's only because a new dealer has to earn my respect before I spend some real cash. I like to know how people handle the small stuff.
I cannot say I've had the same wonderful shopping experience with Kyle. Till now I've kept quiet, but giving out praise for simply doing your job is a bit extreme to me and I just want people to know that dealings with Kyle's shop don't always turn out story-book like.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
what u dont get through your head entropy that dan a)shipped this for free b)got to me in 24 hours c)no questions asked d)his teams personality and attitude towards costumers are like non i have seen.

the fact that you found a local guy you are very very lucky but how many guys and ladies on this board can say the same???? All im saying that if i were to call another shop about the brackets i can almost promise you that a) they will charge for shipping b)it would take a couple days if not a week to get to me c)they would hassel me to see if i broke it and d) i would be on hold for like 10 hours...

long story short dan kyle is one of a kind and he knows how to keep his costumers very happy and that is why he is sooo successful!!!!!

DAN this is going out for you...:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

·
Old,Dirty,Racer
1,191 Posts
rc74racer said:
I'm kind of wondering the same thing. I've seen no less then 4 sets of sato pipes in person and I'm just not impressed with the quality even though the HP numbers look really good. I love the look of the rear sets and I want some but all this has me questioning myself over this purchase. Rivets, carbon discoloration, broken hangars, etc... what gives? Has anyone had issues with the rear sets?
There is an real easy solution to your delima..:) Don't buy Satos pipes or rearsets!!:)

Every set of Satos I have seen I have been impressed with their quality. I put 24,000 miles on a set of Banzia Carbons, and a weld broke. Sheesh, I had a new set from Japan in a jiffy..(By the way, they are warranted for life I believe) How many riders going to bang 24k out of their bikes? Satos + Dan Kyle combination is unbeatable. If Satos and Dan Kyle were selling "shitcakes" I would buy them in a New York second and wouldn't give it a thought...:cool:

Now, this is just my opinion.

btw, I have Sato Rearsets too. Couldn't give me another brand...:cool:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts