Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
He with the senior member
5,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The 2 Ducs at the top after Superpole 3, followed by the R1 of Laverty then Haga on the top Aprilia 0.628s back.
Biaggi down in 5th, over 1 sec slower than Checa's Duc.

Looks like the Ducs will be in strong contention again for the double, and Biaggi's troubles continue?

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Weird results, Haga outqualifying Max is strange for two reasons, Haga never qualifies well and being new on the Aprilia, with iirc les factory support than Max's effort, it is stranger still that he outqualified the world champion.

No idea what is going on with Max but he needs to get it on.

Again I wonder if that rule change that banned the non-homologated parts, notably the gear-driven cams, iirc, that were allowed last season controversially.

Max and Corser are very similar in style and their WSC wins and subsequent seasons seem to follow the same pattern. If they are on a package that can win they will push to the front and be gone immediately - making for boring racing by utterly decimating their competition. If not they will play the math and the long game in the hopes their competition will falter but rarely challenge for the lead.

Ducati, leaving WSC for MGP, may have been a bit of a misnomer. Yes they dropped out, officially, but it seems
Checa's pace at the end of the last season indicated who should have the support that Ducati was willing to give this season. TBH, I don't think Checa is going to be headed this season I also beleive that Ducati will increase support throughout the season. With the BMW and Kawasaki still not there yet and the Aprilia, Max in particular, lacking in something the real Ducati competition is the Yamaha's and I'm not sure they have it.

·
Registered
4,232 Posts
According to some Italian websites I haunt Perelli changed the compound of the tire that the Aprilia and Max really liked. Since then he's been a bit lost on set up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.