·
He with the senior member
5,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Corser retiring or?

No star power, maybe rossi can win here... come on I had to beat jamie to one lame rossi shot. :rolleyes:

No star power, clearly sir you have not had the pleasures of a V4 between the legs... ok that takes care of fester's 2 cents... now how do I post articles and pictures on here :p

Why do I suddenly feel less intelligent, more jaded, and very needy of attention... :cool:

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Checa to stay with Althea Ducati next year.
Superstock Champ Giugliano to join Checa in the 2 man team.
Fabrizio pulled in by Tardozzi to BMW for next year.
Laverty to Aprilia next to Biaggi.
Melandri to BMW to take the slot earmarked for Checa, alongside Haslam

2012 World Superbike Silly Season - Some Certainties, Many Unknowns | MotoMatters.com | Kropotkin Thinks

Boy will Germans be hanging thier heads low if Tardozzi comes back and they start winning!!!!!! Good on ya mate!

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Melandri would have been my pick for the title next year...but the BMW just doesn't seem like the machine to do it on.
Hopefully the rumour of an electronics package switch might be the thing to get them there. The bike makes the power, has the chassis but is missnig the delivery over time. That has been the issue since day one, despite having the best street and superstock electronics package. Perhaps if the rumours are true, they can do for BMW what they did for Ducati in MGP.

Still, it really has no influence on me buying one.

I'm still debating the BMW and the MV Turbo... :rolleyes:, actually considering both...

·
Registered
365 Posts
Good news for BMW I'm stoked for next year, great racing in Sbk, sst, and SSTK. What's even better are the grids getting bigger unlike the Honda cup that gps have turned into.

·
Street and Track Moderator
3,888 Posts
You can't be all that excited with MotoGP either! With a handful of factory bikes, an 800cc tossed in and the unknown quantity of the CRT, which are currently miles off the pace... I hope that I am wrong but next year looks like a disaster right now.
Sounds like another boring year to me?:confused: Little to no star power in that lineup.

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
You can't be all that excited with MotoGP either! With a handful of factory bikes, an 800cc tossed in and the unknown quantity of the CRT, which are currently miles off the pace... I hope that I am wrong but next year looks like a disaster right now.
I don't think next year will be any worse than this great year. Just man and machine on rails and heads above the competition. Reminds me of when everyone was giddy with Rossi dominating back in 02-03-04. Could see Stoner rip off 2-3 more Championships in the coming years. Spies is coming up on a contract year after next year and there will be a few other open seats so they will be racing for their futures. Dovi will be racing to get a factory seat and Ducati will be burning through engines every week and blaming the bike. We'll also be waiting to see if Rossi will ever win again. Lots of story lines to unfold next year.;)

Bottom line is that I'd take factory GP bikes and riders over privateer WSBK's any day of the week. WSBK reminds me of AMA. May be great racing, but no one wants to actually watch it due to lack of star power.

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
Checa likely to repeat.

If Biaggi has early success and can keep his motivation up, he will be the biggest challenger

Laverty wil also push Biaggi more than Camier, IMO.

Melandri will struggle initially on the BMW IMO.

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
I think Melandri will actually do well on the BMW.

Anyone who can podium a Hayate will fare well on the BMW. Haslam really hasn't set the world on fire and Corser hasn't been the same since Bayliss banged him out for the Title back in '06. So their lack of results on the BMW mean nothing to me.

Melandri will be BMW's first TRUE legitimate rider.

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
Haslam led the points a couple of years ago on the Suzuki, so he is a pretty good rider.

I think initially, Melandri will have to spend time to adapt the bike to his style, which is a bit different than Haslam's. They won't really have any data for Melandri and he will have to develop a base setting to work from.

He might be the fastest rider by the end of the year but chances are he will not be at the start.

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
Haslam led the points a couple of years ago on the Suzuki, so he is a pretty good rider.

I think initially, Melandri will have to spend time to adapt the bike to his style, which is a bit different than Haslam's. They won't really have any data for Melandri and he will have to develop a base setting to work from.

He might be the fastest rider by the end of the year but chances are he will not be at the start.

True. But as far as being a 'Pretty Good' rider goes as you mentioned, that just doesn't get the job done in WSBK. Fabrizio is a pretty good rider and he did zilch on the Ducati. So was Lanzi who actually won races. Even Haga has been downgraded from Legend to Pretty Good status and he can't win. You need to be a top tier rider now to win races in SBK. Otherwise, you're looking at best a 2nd row start and a top 5 finish on a good day.

Melandri in my opinion is a top tier rider and can steal wins from Checa if he qualifies on the front row.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I think Melandri will actually do well on the BMW.

Anyone who can podium a Hayate will fare well on the BMW. Haslam really hasn't set the world on fire and Corser hasn't been the same since Bayliss banged him out for the Title back in '06. So their lack of results on the BMW mean nothing to me.

Melandri will be BMW's first TRUE legitimate rider.
I am rooting for Melandri but I was excited when he had moved to Ducati in MotoGP too, and we know how that ended. :eek:

I think Biaggi might have a comeback season and challenge Checa most likely.

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
I'm rooting for the droners... Ducati Yamaha and Aprilia... the last of screamers
should ante up a version of a droner... Honda BMW and Suzuki...

Quote Steve Martin
"I want to congratulate Fabrizio on his top 10 debut in Portimao test on BMW
Italian machine. Hang on weren't there only ten guys testing?"

·
Registered
365 Posts
With BMWs new electronics and chasis it sounds like they'll have a better overall package. I'm stoked to see what Chaz does in big bikes. It seems like with more teams and manufacturers pulling money from gps we're going to see a ridculously small grid this year and worse next year. I'm predicting 12 bike grid within the next two years unless they step in and create a production based series like moto2.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Hopefully the rumour of an electronics package switch might be the thing to get them there. The bike makes the power, has the chassis but is missnig the delivery over time. That has been the issue since day one, despite having the best street and superstock electronics package. Perhaps if the rumours are true, they can do for BMW what they did for Ducati in MGP.

Still, it really has no influence on me buying one.

I'm still debating the BMW and the MV Turbo... :rolleyes:, actually considering both...

Guess it is not so stellar of an electronic package after all cant beat the 1198R in superstock but for only 1 year....

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.