Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well made the decision to send my forks to Traxxion Dynamics to be done. Well they came back over an inch longer than stock???? Didn't know this when I shipped them. Long story short I am looking for some one close that can pick my forks up and ship them to Kyle ( I know I know should have sent them there first :() There was $200 or more difference and as some of you know I have been fighting Leukemia for over 2 years and have been off work for over a year now, so $200 is big for me. This site has been great to me thank you all :D Ride Safe Hoovy

TRAXXION DYNAMICS, INC.
261 Rope Mill Pkwy, Ste. 3
Woodstock, GA 30188

·
Registered
314 Posts
Just map quested it. I'm 6.5 miles away!!! So it'll be no sweat my fiance will be trying on her dress again and then they're having a kitchen shower so I'll have nothing to do Sat! By the way check out ny organization. Guardians of the Ribbon.

·
And Stateside again...
2,537 Posts
What do you mean they came back 1 inch longer than stock? Dan Kyle does this service as well and it happens every time the cut the top out spring down. I would be surprised if they actually screwed up your forks that bad. They are a pretty reputable company.

(corrected statement based on poolboy706 response) I guess i didn't pay that close of attention to what he was asking. lol

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I'm waiting on them.

Thanks all, I haven't sent them back yet. They are supposed to be getting me some info to maybe fix them at home. The forks are as I stated a little over an inch longer than stock. This creates several problems. Poor steraring and bag geometry. And no I can't just go up through the trees an inch to solve it. That was there answer. And I don't want to raise the back of the bike to match the geometry. I have talked to Dan and he s going to fix them if I have no home remedy. Traxxion has offered a refund they have been nice about it. They should state that the forks will be diff not that they will be ready to bolt on when you get them back. Thanks all, I am getting ready to call them now for an answer. HOOVY

·
Craft Int Instructor
700 Posts
Hoovy- Im in the area if needed..

But since the forks are at Traxxion why not just let them cut down the top out spring??? TD know what they're doing.. no offense to DK but why throw the extra money shipping and DK fees when TD already has them. They're your's so its ur decision, and I'll help if need be..

Preston
[email protected]

·
Registered
269 Posts
I would not consider questioning D. Kyle / nor keeping him from making money/ nor taking business away from him..
Yet, Kent @ GMDcomputrack is on this side of the States,(Jasper GA.) and if money is that tight with you. I am sure that any problem, could be fix locally.. without all the shipping and insurance/ etc...
Just a suggestion..

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well heres where I'm at.

Talked to Dan at Traxxion this morning, they have been VERY nice and helpful. He explained the theory of the extra inch or so. After our discusion we decided to try it like it is with the forks dropped 16mm which is all I could get. It did help the way the bike sits on the kick stand and all. Looked like it was going to fall over to start with. So I got some good news from the Docs yesterday and may be ridding in the next week or so. I figure at least give it a try. The are standing behind there stuff 100% so I have nothing to loose but some riding time. THANKS for the offers I still may go that direction great to have friends, this site rules!! :D :D Ride Safe Hoovy

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Tlrskunk

Read the thread and I get some of it but No one has there forks much more than 1/2 inch. The big difference on mine is the inner tube length exposed. the outer tube on most is mid fender mine is near the top. They told me the stock travel is 90mm but now I have 120mm. Go figure GOOD BAD we'll find out. Dan explained it very well, should be better here where I live anyway all mountains :D :D :D :D HOOVY

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Awesome news James

Talked to Dan at Traxxion this morning, they have been VERY nice and helpful. He explained the theory of the extra inch or so. After our discusion we decided to try it like it is with the forks dropped 16mm which is all I could get. It did help the way the bike sits on the kick stand and all. Looked like it was going to fall over to start with. So I got some good news from the Docs yesterday and may be ridding in the next week or so. I figure at least give it a try. The are standing behind there stuff 100% so I have nothing to loose but some riding time. THANKS for the offers I still may go that direction great to have friends, this site rules!! :D :D Ride Safe Hoovy
When you called Wednesday we discussed rear ride height please do-not forget to raise it until the bar input is light and if it is nervous lower it !

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hoovy,

Beginning of this year I had my forks done and chassis geometry optimized at GMD Computrack. It came back with the forks so high through the triples that they hit the fairing stay! I used rubber bushings and longer bots to make it work, and the bike steered just fine, not twitchy at all, even without a damper.

I didn't like the looks of my fairing stay "fix", so I have since moved the forks to the last line, but the bottom line is - when the forks get longer, the drop gets bigger just to keep pace.

I would find out how much longer than stockers your forks are and drop your forks that same amount, which would you put you back at the stock rake. You can adjust from there to suit your preference.

Eric

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.