Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Mine does the same thing...I have unplugged the connecters wibbly is talking about, switched them around, cleaned them with no success. That's as far as I have gone with it. I'm not very electrical inclined so I just make sure I don't stall it.

Funny story and embarrassing...I had it run on a dyno for like a shoot out type deal and to just see where I was at, but the guy operating it stalled my bike running it up the ramp...I had to yell to him that it won't start in gear :eek:

I guess I would like to get it fixed though

·
Registered
83 Posts
Mine did this when I bought it used. I pulled the switch from the clutch housing and cleaned it with contact cleaner, cleaned the contacts, added some dielectric grease reassembled and all is well. It did take some time and didn't work the first time.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Mine did this when I bought it used. I pulled the switch from the clutch housing and cleaned it with contact cleaner, cleaned the contacts, added some dielectric grease reassembled and all is well. It did take some time and didn't work the first time.
Thanks, I'll give that a whirl and spend a little more time on it.

·
1,061 Posts
Just bypass the clutch switch (connect the two wire together that attach to the switch), if it starts then its a bad switch if not its something else.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.