Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may need to replace the pistons and the Wiseco units are cheaper than OEM by a long shot, so here's the mods I have...

TurnOne airbox, SP2 TB's, PAIR delete, flapper mod, Moriwaki high mounts and the soft rev delete.

Adding the 12:1's to the mix, how much, if any difference will be made? I have no desire to spend money on porting and cams. :)

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PM sent.

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
Thought this was odd:

Custom Honda RC 51 Top JE pistons - eBay (item 250734035324 end time Dec-28-10 03:55:35 PST)

pictures of a wiseco piston box, and it says JE in the description?
Obviously I'm not wasting time with a guy that has 1 feedback point and is in Hungary. Just thought it was kind of weird.

According to their websites:
JE's are 11.1 to 1
Wiseco's are 12.7 to 1
Any reason why one would go with the 11.1 over the 12.7?
they have a great track there and are lovers of bikes. i have been to many shops in buda. I also have connections there to have a look if the price interests you B?

the roads suck though

·
Registered
402 Posts
I fitted Wiseco Hi Comp piston to my Sp-1 a few years back.
Few tips: make sure your battery is at 100% charge always to crank the F#!!er's over and enjoy the compression lock up's when changing down, ....fitting a slipper clutch is also a good idea !
HP gain's , not a lot , was running Airbox, Intake and Akro full system before installing the Hi Comp Piston , after still getting 129-131 RWHP on DynoJet power runs.

·
Registered
460 Posts
JE does not come with the ring..need to use OEM...
Bought 4 month ago & still my bike have not rebuild yet....:wtf

1 - 10 of 10 Posts