Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Hope someone has experience with these kind of LED tail lights.

I ordered this LED tail light with integrated turn signals ..but it comes without wiring instructions...does anyone know what color wires to use.

·
Registered
525 Posts
taillight

I have the same tail light but it didnt come with those white block things... what are those?

Just a lil help, when I did this on my CBR1100XX I just started touching wires together to see what works, use a battery like a 9 volt

·
Dr. Carbon
2,974 Posts
I have the same tail light but it didnt come with those white block things... what are those?

Just a lil help, when I did this on my CBR1100XX I just started touching wires together to see what works, use a battery like a 9 volt
that can damage leds if the reverse voltage is higher then what is allowed.

·
Dr. Carbon
2,974 Posts
ok so my light didnt come with them... how do they hook up where do they go.... you say it CAN damage the LED's but how will you know?
it would depend on whether the max for the reverse voltage rating is surpassed by the voltage you connect. if they are damaged you will know because the led will blow and they will not work at all.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hope this helps?

I don't know if i can shed any light but i bought the exact tail light off of e-bay almost three years ago and it still works...well...some of it,anyway?
Mine had the white LEDs across the bottom for the plate light up but after about a year,it went out.The tail light still goes strong though.I hate that i just caught this thread because i JUST threw the instructions away when cleaning out my closet!!! I am going to do my own custom tail light and am gonna do away with the assy i have now.I CAN tell you that the 2 white boxes are for the turn signals to keep them from blinking fast.However;Be careful as to what kind of front signals you use because when i took my stock ones off,they started doing the fast blink dance.Hope this helps a lil??? Good luck and once you get it going,you'll like it!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Same here no instrutions.

I just hooked one up last fall. Clip the plug off. Red is + Black is- That yellow on that side is Brakelight the others are your turn signals. have to try them to see which is which. I hope my memory is right:rolleyes: Hoovy

·
Registered
163 Posts

It IS a nice "cheap" upgrade to the brake system but just keep an eye open as mine shorts out from time to time?That's why i am going to make my own set-up and the way i wanna do it should be REALLY sweet!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.