Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 187 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thing has some of the Rattiest bodywork I've ever seen up close. hahahahahahahaha Everything from Poor Fiber Glass repair to cut fairings and bolts missing.

Lubed up every key hole and stripped her naked.

·
who's yo daddy?
757 Posts
A single bullet in the head will fix it :D

·
I'll fix it.
2,249 Posts
gotta love it when they rattlecan the bodywork while its still on the bike and dont bother masking anything off...:rolleyes:

unfortunately, I see stuff like this every day...guys bring their rattletraps in with 15-20 problems, but they only want the one thats keeping them from riding fixed. Im lucky if I dont break some rigged shit in the process, too.

and yes, we make fun of the owner while those bikes are in the shop ;)

·
-_-
2,284 Posts
Nate, you haven´t seen the inside of the engine yet ;)

If it looks half as bad as the general condition of the bike, the PO might have split the crankshaft in two. Or maybe he fixed a broken piston with duct tape and zip ties. You never know!

:D

Good luck cleaning that bitch.

·
Can Afford To Be Critical
1,852 Posts
Fer cryin' out loud, you'll scratch the paint putting all the body parts in a pile like that! Have some respect, willya? :D

I'll say one thing for you - you're not afraid of a lot of work!

·
Registered
594 Posts
This thing has some of the Rattiest bodywork I've ever seen up close. hahahahahahahaha Everything from Poor Fiber Glass repair to cut fairings and bolts missing.

Lubed up every key hole and stripped her naked.

really? couldnt find anything on the planet better then a big ass cotter pin and bondo for support. guess its called DPO for a reason :banghead good luck with it, anything can be fixed

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
It just needs a carb service and the gas tank restored to get running.
I used to have some stuff that came as a kit. First was a mild acid that cleaned the inside of the tank, second was a sealer that filled in any pinholes and coated the inside of the tank. Wish I could remember the name of it. It wasn't very expensive, maybe $30. Probably an auto restoration site would have something similar.

I will be curious what the engine oil looks like, tapioca pudding?

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I used to have some stuff that came as a kit. First was a mild acid that cleaned the inside of the tank, second was a sealer that filled in any pinholes and coated the inside of the tank. Wish I could remember the name of it. It wasn't very expensive, maybe $30. Probably an auto restoration site would have something similar.

I will be curious what the engine oil looks like, tapioca pudding?
Would that happen to be Zep-A-Lume?

That's what I'm planning to use for the tank.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
I've seen lots of jury rigging in my life but that tail unit repair using a large cotter pin reminded me of my days working on a farm when "that will do" was the principle people lived by.
Is it just me or is the airbox really off-center? :confused:

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I've seen lots of jury rigging in my life but that tail unit repair using a large cotter pin reminded me of my days working on a farm when "that will do" was the principle people lived by.
Is it just me or is the airbox really off-center? :confused:
Airbox is straight. I was standing at an angle when I tried to get the overhead pic.

I'm going to get one of those compressed air keyboard dusters and see if I can get all of that dirt out of the tail section.

1 - 20 of 187 Posts