Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering what everybody is doing 'tard wise over the winter. Me? I'm updating my bike's head so that I've got more top-end power—basically trading the unused low-end for more scream up top. My goal is to be able to keep up with the guys on smaller 'tards that, ahem, have a better power to weight ratio.

·
Señor Member
1,694 Posts
Eric Landstrom said:
I'm wondering what everybody is doing 'tard wise over the winter. Me? I'm updating my bike's head so that I've got more top-end power—basically trading the unused low-end for more scream up top. My goal is to be able to keep up with the guys on smaller 'tards that, ahem, have a better power to weight ratio.
How much do you weigh? Because if you've got 20-30 pounds you could lose, that's a winter project that will pay off big next season. I lost 50 one winter, and the difference was incredible.

As for bike stuff this winter, I need new rings, if not a new piston. A lowered suspension is on layaway. My bike has that gnarly woods look aince I pulled all the graphics off, so I should get new graphics and some pre-printed plate backgrounds too.

Otherwise, I'm pretty happy with my old 426. It's got a rippin' motor, and it's been stone ax reliable this year.

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
Winter projects?

Man, I have less spare time in the winter than in the summer.

I'll be putting the bikes on the trailer and stuffing them in the back of the garage. Hopefully, I'll be able to actually put the car in the garage this winter.

My bike projects will have to wait until the snow melts. It's hard to work on them when your fingers are numb anyways.

I plan on doing the "banda mod" this winter too. I could lighten my chassis a bit.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Winter project is big one this year I think........... haven't figured out exactly what I am building yet. What ever it is I am sure it will take forever to complete.

Dan V.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Well, the KTM has a nasty oil leak I have to trace, and the KDX needs a top-end rebuild. While I'm at it, I'll probably replace swingarm bearings, shock linkage bearings, etc. It's been a couple of years since I replaced them.

I also need to work on offsetting the rear wheel on the KDX, as it rubs against the chain.:(

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm playing the waiting game. I would really like the new Aprilia, but they can't really tell me when they will get here. The next idea will be to see if or how much of my KTM parts (wheels brakes etc) will fit on the new 450 Kawi. Or just
keep the KTM and hit the dyno room......

·
Registered
198 Posts
diggy said:
I'm playing the waiting game. I would really like the new Aprilia, but they can't really tell me when they will get here. The next idea will be to see if or how much of my KTM parts (wheels brakes etc) will fit on the new 450 Kawi. Or just
keep the KTM and hit the dyno room......
what's the word on the new 560SMR? i want one to roadrace.

·
Registered
198 Posts
diggy said:
CB186 I just got a 560smr in.Let me know.
sorry, change of plans. i decided to keep the R6, so that means no 560(unless you want to sponsor me one to roadrace and win all the CRA ultralight classes). The YZ is getting a 5-speed otherwise.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts