Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What to do when the weather turns cold? Let the mods begin!

Winter mod No.1
Custom undertail and CBR tail light to replace my ghetto hotbodies unit.

Later mods include 1/6 turn HRC throttle, new tank, and frame sliders (hopefully).

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Coming along nicely. Need to run to the hardware store for some mounting materials, but it looks like it's going to turn out great. Already tons brighter than my hotbodies and I haven't even removed the protective film yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It blows away my hotbodies. Keep in mind that the lexan still has the protective film on it too. Should be better once it's all clear.

Got most everything wrapped up this weekend. Still need to locate and install my lock and paint, but that will have to wait until it warms up.

Attachments

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
Good work man, I am still debating on going back to that. I just couldn't get the angle right when I cut a hole in the lexan and put the light through it. The CBR light is naturally angled up more than our tail.

It looks like you've got the clearance to have the entire light in there? Are you going to gut it or leave it as-is?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's all in there as is. Had to tweak the mounting brackets to get it to clear, but it's all good. I made sure it points straight out the rear so the light will be directed at the cars behind me. It does press slightly on the lexan, but that helps keep it down tight against the tail.

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
Cool, now you've really got me thinking of going back. I've got enough of the tinted lexan to make another one, but I think the clear would be better. You could paint the inside of it silver to match your tail, just leaving a section for the light.

I never considered that you might have an SP1 when I sent you those directions.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I'm planning on painting it on the inside right up to the bottom of the light. I also thought about shooting a clear on the outside to help keep the lexan from scratching.

That's funny. I never noticed that you had a SP-2 when I was asking about your project. Oh well, turned out great. Thanks for the tips!

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Yeah I'm planning on painting it on the inside right up to the bottom of the light. I also thought about shooting a clear on the outside to help keep the lexan from scratching.

That's funny. I never noticed that you had a SP-2 when I was asking about your project. Oh well, turned out great. Thanks for the tips!
What's cool is when you paint the inside the scratches become invisible,you need to surface prep with scotchbrite so the paint sticks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Scuffing the surface won't show through from the outside? I've painted several lexan RC car bodies, but don't remember scuffing them before painting.

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
I did a free windscreen for my track stuff it was scratched as heck but I scuffed and painted the inside black and it looked cherry.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
03-06 600 / 04-07 1000. They're the same.

Got it from motodynamic.com. I really like the sequential turn signal feature.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.