Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dead around here. Any winter builds guys?

Here's all I got done so far for my CRF450R.

EBC and Front Excel Rim Avon Slick (soon to go bye bye)

Sunline Triple Tree and OS Bar

Rear Excel and Renthal Sprocket

I've done many more mods just am to lazy to go out to the garage with a camera.

I've since:
Rebuilt Carb and added a quick shot replaced all vent tubes
Added some Carbon Fiber Bits
Replaced Throttle and Clutch Cables
Added a new clutch perch
Got some Renthal Grips
Added Goodridge SS rear brake line from an R1
Painted all body work
Painted Rear Brake Bracket and Guard with rim coat (Black)
Got a Trail Tech Vapor Stealth Black
Got a Boyesen Clutch Cover
Got a UFO panther headlight

I still need to do the lighting and upgrade stator, get new DOT tires, and couple of other random things.

·
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stop being lazy and post up pics of the paint.

And I really miss my CRF450R that was street sumo:
Me likey!

Once I mount all the body work I'll post some pics. I just had to touch up the rear fender as I missed a spot and I'm waiting to get my radiator hoses which fedex has held hostage until Wednesday when they said they will give them to me (they call it delivery I call it holding my hoses hostage for 5 to 7 days).

It's just black. Which is kinda a big deal :D LOL. No graphics kit for me. I like my body work like I like my women. Plain.

·
And Stateside again...
2,537 Posts
What Exhaust are you running? I had the CHM full system and while it was loud it really woke it up. Especially with the stage 2 cams and jet kit with no airbox lid :D:D

·
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FMF full system. Titanium Powerbomb header. Was on the bike when I bought it. Can is round and titanium. Mid is also titanium (I think might be stainless).

I just rebuilt the muffler. It had literally no packing in it when I dismantled it this weekend. Got rid of all the rivets and tapped the hole so it's a breeze to maintain now.

I don't know what engine work has been done on it. I just rebuilt the carb, replaced the wear plate, and added an r&d flex screw. Airbox had a hole in the side of it, I just replaced it with an uncut up one. I figured it she need more air then I'll just add a pod and rejet her.

Supposedly the engine has been modded, but I haven't taken the head off yet to see. At this point is she running clean I will be happy, but I love how easy it is to work on these bikes. Especially compared to my rc51 (you know what I mean).

·
And Stateside again...
2,537 Posts
Yes they are a breeze. If it starts to be hard to start, as in takes more than 1-2 kicks, pull the valve cover and check your valves. I got to where I could have my valves checked and be running to the dealership for shims with 25 minutes and could have the shims switched in another 25 and the bike ready to ride. so just under an hour not counting time to and from the stealership.

and book mark this page. it is amazing.

CRF's Only - Honda CRF450R, CRF250R, CRF250X, CRF230, CRF150 How-to Articles

it helped me a ton. set the spec, type measurement, type current shim.... and BAM!! new shim size is displayed.

·
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Yes they are a breeze. If it starts to be hard to start, as in takes more than 1-2 kicks, pull the valve cover and check your valves. I got to where I could have my valves checked and be running to the dealership for shims with 25 minutes and could have the shims switched in another 25 and the bike ready to ride. so just under an hour not counting time to and from the stealership.

and book mark this page. it is amazing.

CRF's Only - Honda CRF450R, CRF250R, CRF250X, CRF230, CRF150 How-to Articles

it helped me a ton. set the spec, type measurement, type current shim.... and BAM!! new shim size is displayed.
That sir is some good info. Muchos Gracias

Another mod Magura Radial Master:

What happened to your sumo?

·
And Stateside again...
2,537 Posts
Sold it to appease the now EX wife. Saddest day of my motorcycle life.
I had a Hydro clutch on mine and loved it. I could back it in pretty decent without a slipper because of the light lever.

I am planning to get another one this year. But I am switching sides and going to KTM. I really want a 450 SMR.... One of my buddies from MN and I are planning to go race pikes peak hillclimb on supermoto's next summer.

·
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds like fun.

My cousin has a KTM twosmoker, he loves it. He's been cosidering cnverting to a sumo. He is in Hawaii, which is twistie paradise.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts