Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Short Bus Commander
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my never ending quest to make my bike one of a kind with mods I haven't seen or heard of. I'm thinking about using the OEM radiator screen/grate and making them apart of the fairings. I would cut the screen/grate to fit the triangle radiator vent openings in our side fairings and mount them flush. I know that I can figure out a way to that part.

What I'm not sure of will this cause the venturi effect over the side of the bike to not pull air out of the opening or through the radiator.

When my dad and I used a stainless steel mesh to protect the radiator in our stock car coolant temps when up 15-20*F. and had to remove it. My bike lives on the streets of coastal NC, has both fans (SP2), no cooling mods and may see a track day or 2, when I can go.

Please allow me your :twocents

James

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
I wouldn't do it James.... NOT because I think it would create a problem but because I don't think it would look any good.... Especially for what you're thinking and asking! ;)

Peace Jeff

·
Registered
179 Posts
I put a .100"(or so) mesh on the inside of my radiators. I'm running Durbahn air scoops and no fans.

My bike runs at ~180 degrees F on the track on a hot day.

·
Short Bus Commander
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jeff,
Thanks for your input. I'm thinking with the screen painted to match paint/decals that it would give it a cleaner smother look.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I personally don't think it will harm the venturi ..especially if you have the rad scoop on the inside.

Though..if you really think about it...taking them out completely would help slightly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I did the SPAL fan mod since here in Kansas it gets ungodly hot and humid. Had to build mounting brackets but they fit right where the orginal ones do. Bike stays about 195 on the hottest Kansas day now. It is a joy to ride and I don't burn up at a light :rockon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts