Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to install a SP2 swingarm on my SP1. Will I be able to still use my SP1 Exhaust (stock header with Moriwaki high slipons)?

Down the road, I plan on going to a 2-1. Should I get the SP1 or SP2 exhaust?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Since the differences in SP1 and SP2 exhausts are because of the swingarm, I'd say NO.
If you have an SP2 swingarm, you'll need an exhaust for an SP2.

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
I would test it out first. While you have the swingarm on and befor you put the shock in, throw the exhaust back on and check to see if it clears.

I think it would fit, the Jardine 2-1 is designed (as far as I know) as a SP1 system, but people run it on SP2's. I might just be an issue of which brand slip ons you have. The worst that could happen is that you know for sure that it won't fit.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had an SP2 swingarm fitted to my SP1 three years ago and the exhaust fitted perfectly. I cant really see that you will have a problem.

·
And Stateside again...
2,537 Posts
I think the SP1 exhaust is wider due to the width/shape of the swingarm whereas the SP2 is Narrower so you should clear SP1 exhaust with no problem. But I may be way off base.

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, you guys rock. First concern over. Now I need to get a set of 2-1 headers for my project.

·
Registered
460 Posts
A fren of mine using SP2 singarm with SP1 exhaust on his SP1...so no problem with it....

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i can help with this

I can do you a jardine or a larger piped Black dragon either with custom muffler:rockon
Thanks, I am looking to build an undertail exhaust similar to Thorsten's (of course mine will not look nearly as good).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts