Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SUCK arse?

they have done very well for what i would have expected from a winning team like them
what seams to be the hold up? the bike, or the riders?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: why does the ducati GP team (mrgrn)

So what's the definition of sucking arse in Moto GP? Not beating all the Hondas, just some of them? Had it not been for an inspired, one-off, freak podium by a Kawaski substitue rider in the rain at China, Ducati would be third in the constructors championship... where else would you reasonably expect them to be?

If you should be picking on anyone, pick on Suzuki. They have shown a sterling track record of doing less with more for several years in a row now.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: why does the ducati GP team (banda)

This was discussed way back when 4-strokes were an ugly rumor. The cost of running a Motogp team vs. a WSB team is NASA vs. a kid with an Estes. The bean counters ask "why are there no wins when you've spent millions?", and the team managers answer back with "well we need a few more years and more than a few more millions". As a reply the cash gets choked back a little more every year, the opposite of what the team needs to progress.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: why does the ducati GP team (Just Riding Along)

Ducati is the only one company as far as i remeber (exept Yamaha and Honda) to win a GP race. Yamaha won most of the races witht he Help of Rossi and one race back in 2002 with Biaggi when Rossi's tire blew.

How many wins Kawasaki, Suzuki, Poton/KTM, Blata(?) and Aprilia have?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: why does the ducati GP team (Giannis)

I think what has people 2nd guessing is how strong Ducati came on, and then got knocked down.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: why does the ducati GP team (Just Riding Along)

There is quite a bit on that topic in the sequel to Faster.

I give major kudos to Ducati. All the Japanese factory teams have almost unlimited budgets and resources at their disposal. Ducati is a tiny company in comparison and fielding teams in both WSBK and MotoGP.....each of which is a completely different bike. They deserve a big hand of applause for what they are doing. They sure have my respect and admiration.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: why does the ducati GP team (roadkill)

Ducati will surely start winning races and titles once they hire Rossi and Burgess.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: why does the ducati GP team (bsess)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bsess »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ducati will surely start winning races and titles once they hire Rossi and Burgess.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Amen brother

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: why does the ducati GP team (banda)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by banda »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">...Ducati would be third in the constructors championship... where else would you reasonably expect them to be?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I often wonder if it's they're pride holding them back. They stick to things like a V configuration (I know it's a monster of a motor though), no traction control (coupled with B tires), and some kind of half trelis frame out of nostalgia.

Ducati's a company with a very proud race heritage, and the Japanese are tarnishing their image as a dominant racing company. Ducati must be
over the fact that they're 4th in the constructors cup, no matter how much money the competitors are throwing at their machines.

Not that it matters. I'm not sure there's enough money in all the world to beat Rossi.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: why does the ducati GP team (Rocket51)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rocket51 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I often wonder if it's they're pride holding them back. They stick to things like a V configuration (I know it's a monster of a motor though)
</TD></TR></TABLE>

What is wrong with a V configuration? Didn't Honda win two world championships with a V-5 configuration? And ran a very strong second last year and this year?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

I speak more of the principle than the actual application.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: why does the ducati GP team (Rocket51)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rocket51 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I often wonder if it's they're pride holding them back. They stick to things like a V configuration (I know it's a monster of a motor though), no traction control (coupled with B tires), and some kind of half trelis frame out of nostalgia.

Ducati's a company with a very proud race heritage, and the Japanese are tarnishing their image as a dominant racing company. Ducati must be
over the fact that they're 4th in the constructors cup, no matter how much money the competitors are throwing at their machines.

Not that it matters. I'm not sure there's enough money in all the world to beat Rossi.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't know about that. They went to a 4 cylinder machine, which is a huge break of tradition for them. Traction control is easier said than done and requires huge amounts of software development. If the trellis frame proves to be a hindrance I wouldn't be surprised to see them ditch it. They've already shown they'll try new things.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: why does the ducati GP team (Mashuri)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mashuri »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">One word:

Bridgestone</TD></TR></TABLE>

Amen.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: why does the ducati GP team (MATTinMN)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MATTinMN »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Amen.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hey, they were good enough for the USGP.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

i meant that they were really taking the bull by the horns and i expected more from them then what they have done in three years, that is all.

i would have expected more than they have produced in three years. I thought they were going for the throat, not just wasting money, which it appears that is all they are doing.

Their machine is not good enough right now to do chit, they just do laps like the suzi.

i am just surprised they do not let their pride(ego) propell them more towards winning

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: why does the ducati GP team (mrgrn)

I'd love to see more from them too. Their effort is amazing considering they're a far smaller company. Suzuki's pride, it would seem, is under the heatlamps of the great McMotoGP internet drivethru in which we all feast. Singling out Dufreakincati is just gay. Honda, the flaming powerwhorehouse, is getting their ass kicked six ways to sundown by Yamarossi. Spark that owl, 420er!

I do think, moreover, that mrgrn is the mayor of Miami.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: why does the ducati GP team (996miami)

If they moved to Michelin, they might gain some time, but it's debatable whether or not that would be a move up or a move over.
Ducati, in staying with BS, is hoping to achieve an advantage in being BS's #1 team and having BS be their boutique tire supplier; making tires that perfectly suit their chassis.
Ducat also spent an entire season teasing out new engines (big bang, small bang, no bang, etc) which they failed to test , back to back, with the old engines; if they had, they'd have immediatly figured out that their new engine was slower their debut engine. That takes up an entire year.
They'll go quick, once they get the tires up to par and set a direct course of action with the engineers; at this point, they're trying to cover too much ground and the new 800 cc rules isn't going to help, when you consider their size as an outfit.
Honda getting beat is down to the dilluting its efforts far too thin and, well, payback's a bitch.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts