Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is he stretching? gotta cramp? or since hes the man ignore it and dont try this at home. any of track pimps do this?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: why does rossi put his foot down in the conners (KING TUT 73)

I put my foot down on the ground, but that's usually because I'm being flicked off the bike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KING TUT 73 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">is he stretching? gotta cramp? or since hes the man ignore it and dont try this at home. any of track pimps do this? </TD></TR></TABLE>

He just does it. It's his riding style. Maybe it's to make sure he gets his foot out from under the peg (GP shift pattern, you know) before he flicks the bike into the turn.

Notable riders I can remember doing this include:

Kevin Schwantz
Scott Russell
Kletus Roberts

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Xaus is VERY notorius as well.

I think It has to do with the GP style shifter and downshifting so late into the turn. Probably a bit of fear of mis-downshifting again if they don't take the foot off the shifter carefully. I know my lame ass has done it while trying to get my foot from under there and accidentally clicked down one gear, it SUCKS!. I'm willing to bet that all the guys that do have at least a size 10.5 shoe.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have done it myself.....but it was usually in the middle of a lowslide.

Rossi may just do it without even being conscious of it....may pro athletes have some little tic that they do without being conscious of it or it having any use like Michael Jordan doing his tongue thing when he dunked....no use, just a personal trait.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: why does rossi put his foot down in the conners (AZ Scott)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AZ Scott »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Notable riders I can remember doing this include:

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Kenny Roberts Jr also

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: why does rossi put his foot down in the conners (3stripes)

I do it when I come to a stop light. ( when it's red )

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

It is from riding motocross. Habit.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: why does rossi put his foot down in the conners (V-Twin Power)

Schwantz used to do that as well. Wait, actually he still does......

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Doug Chandler would do it too, on the left side, under hard braking. I noticed it more in his later years on the Duc.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: why does rossi put his foot down in the conners (V-Twin Power)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by V-Twin Power »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It is from riding motocross. Habit.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Rossi rides MX? yeah right....
REwatch the race if you can, he was very consistent doing this on this particular corner sometimes not even bringing his foot onto the peg until hes on the way out of the corner, seemed strange, but it certainly wasnt just the last lap, he was doing it pretty much the whole race.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.