Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
Four grand? Just find a used bike that could actually be used on the highway.

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Tyga had early word from AP Thai Honda about this bike, expect a lot of aftermarket from them if it comes to the states...even if it doesn't!

It is supposed to be a world model tho'...

·
Registered
527 Posts
Why doesn't Honda just call every exciting product like this a Civic(CBR250RCivic) so we enthusiasts don't get our hopes up and waste time reading about it ? :wackyI hope they sell a million of them in order to finance another sport-tourer or Fury (with plastic engine covers .)

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Guys, this is for the beginners and to go up against the Ninja 250 which has been Kawi's best seller.

It is about time we got some small learner bikes in this country...

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
It weighs 25 lbs more than my 22 year old VTR250 and probably makes half the horsepower :rolleyes:
From a BARFer:
"When the VTR250 was introduced in 1988, it listed at $3000, weighed 367lb, and produced 26hp (tested by Cycle magazine)."

Think this is going to have about same specs, but priced around $4K.

There will be good aftermarket support for this bike! :rockon

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Guys, this is for the beginners and to go up against the Ninja 250 which has been Kawi's best seller.

It is about time we got some small learner bikes in this country...
Too bad it's a single and not a twin, then it could realy go up against the Kawi on the tracks.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
From a BARFer:
"When the VTR250 was introduced in 1988, it listed at $3000, weighed 367lb, and produced 26hp (tested by Cycle magazine)."

With a full tank of fuel maybe... They were also very restricted through the carbs and airbox so a good jetting & exhaust were mandatory. I can only assume the same will be true for the new one (i.e powercommander), but a single cylinder is just not going to stack up against a twin.

Lots of weight to be removed from the old VTR's too once you start removing the extra bolted on steel handlebar mounted giant mirror stalks & grab bars under the body & such that the US Spec turn signals were mounted to instead of being integrated into the taillight like the Japanese Spec bikes

Mines pretty svelte at this point and while I haven't weighed it I guarantee I have thrown away at least 18lbs of crap maybe more (exhaust, steel sprocket, Cali EVAP system, grab bars etc..)

& I am definitely not afraid of taking it out on the Interstate as it will run 120+mph and runs out of gearing before it runs out of power.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
250cc single that doesn't look like the wind will blow it away? I don't understand the lack of excitement from you guys, this bike is a very good thing!

·
2,737 Posts
I also wish it was a twin. As a single it loses 'real bike' status IMO. And as a single it had better be priced significantly less than the Kawi or or it will be just another one year wonder that collects dust on the dealers floor.

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
Mini Veefalo??? shesssh Honda... bring back the VTR250 and this time belt drive it...

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
I also wish it was a twin. As a single it loses 'real bike' status IMO. And as a single it had better be priced significantly less than the Kawi or or it will be just another one year wonder that collects dust on the dealers floor.
Exactly.

If they had made it say, a 450cc single or even bigger you would see many people interested in it. They could sell power-up kits, exhaust, brakes, basically with a bike that is a bit bigger (but cost no more to manufacture) people would see it as a starting place for a neat little sportbike.

This thing will only appeal to anti-ninja guys who just got off a Bajaj scooter. The Kawasaki will rip it lungs out.

Even a brand new rider will be bored with this thing before the first oil change.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I was hoping for a real CBR250. The 4 cyl in-line bike.

·
Registered
757 Posts
You get those pretty pink tassles to go on your Barbieceptor yet? :p

With a full tank of fuel maybe... They were also very restricted through the carbs and airbox so a good jetting & exhaust were mandatory. I can only assume the same will be true for the new one (i.e powercommander), but a single cylinder is just not going to stack up against a twin.

Lots of weight to be removed from the old VTR's too once you start removing the extra bolted on steel handlebar mounted giant mirror stalks & grab bars under the body & such that the US Spec turn signals were mounted to instead of being integrated into the taillight like the Japanese Spec bikes

Mines pretty svelte at this point and while I haven't weighed it I guarantee I have thrown away at least 18lbs of crap maybe more (exhaust, steel sprocket, Cali EVAP system, grab bars etc..)

& I am definitely not afraid of taking it out on the Interstate as it will run 120+mph and runs out of gearing before it runs out of power.

·
Señor Member
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This thing will only appeal to anti-ninja guys who just got off a Bajaj scooter. The Kawasaki will rip it lungs out.

Even a brand new rider will be bored with this thing before the first oil change.
I think Honda can get a fuel injected liquid cooled four valve 250cc single to make some fun power for a small chassis.

MDH250 anyone?

Or every CRF250F/X ever made?

If Yamaha and Kawasaki can market liquid cooled 250 supermoto street bikes that run on pump gas, have a warranty, and push 30+ hp, why can't Honda do the same? Or maybe better?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts