Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so the championship is done and over with and I never bought into the racing for 2nd place crap.... so with nothing to lose, which rider is going to make the strongest statement to end the year and try and get a leg up for 2011?

Your predictions for the last 3 races? :cool:

·
Registered
806 Posts
If Stoner can keep it on 2 wheels he will be very hard to beat the rest of the year, also should secure his title of most wins on the desmo :rockon ..barring Rossi staying for 3+ years
Also should be able to reel in 2nd place overall, MAYBE

I see Dovisioso getting on the podium and showing his worth to Honda, as he wants to stay on a factory ride.

Lorenzo, wants to show Rossi the bike is not all his making and run in the fact he won with 3 rounds left..

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
J D, has some good points. I think Dovisioso is doing a great job this year and hasn't got the credit he deserved for his efforts. Rossi has definitely got something back as of late and is already playing his voodoo mind tricks to tear down Lorenzo's confidence despite the fact he is world champ. Spies keeps refining himself and taking steady steps toward the front and is becoming a fairly consistent top 5 finisher. Stoner is the big mystery to me. He is definitely an amazing rider, but did not do well on the Honda before, then made his place on the Ducati. If he can't close out the year winning, I'm not sure that he will see the top step of the podium right away next year again.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Notwithstanding his illustrious career and the fact that he has nothing to prove , I think Rossi is taking these last races as immensely important . He's going to come out flying to put the insolent Jorge in his place , so a battle should ensue . Sad that we had to wait 'til the last race for some excitement .:(

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it is all about motivation right now...

Spies: Medium (Already got a factory ride, and maybe nice to show up Jorge right now, but he may take the wiser route)
Pedrosa: Low (Contract in place, no point in risking any injury)
Stoner: High (Wants to probably get the #1 ranking in the Honda garage next year, so will want to be beat Dovi and Pedrosa for sure)
Jorge: Medium-High (Wants to show he is the NEW BOSS, but won't go crazy doing it, unless he is head to head with Rossi)
Rossi: High (Wants to send a message to Jorge/Yamaha before the season is out)
Andrea: High (Must be really trying to show he deserves the factory ride next year)
Marco Simmocelli: He has really shown nothing this year, and am not sure what his contract situation is. He needs to do something ASAP or spend the rest of his MotoGP career as an also ran.

·
Registered
382 Posts
In my opinion it is the FIM. They bagged the six-motor rule and made an enormous statement. If I were Honda I would be utterly pissed.
Which idiot was it that actually believed that limiting each rider to six engines would save the teams money? A first-year novice knows that those engines would have to be built to a standard no one has ever even attempted in order to last competitively.
I'll be very curious to see how this whole ****age plays out in 2011.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts