Speedzilla Forums banner

201 - 206 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Nice Tom! That was always my favorite model of VFR with the big NACA ducts on the side. I would beat somebody's ass for one of those teal green versions of that bike to add to my collection...

I've recently for the first time in 19 years started riding on the road again.
Thanks Mike, not to jack your thread but I wanted THIS particular one many years ago but he wanted $3800 firm.

Fast Forward, JETFXR sends me a craigslist ad -vfr 2K - The ad is old and figured wtf Called the guy he says hey winger hows it going! It was Nick from allpowersports I have known him forever.

So I ask him why it's still for sale ?

It doesn't run but buy it anyway 'cause it's got your RC-51 masters and crg levers on it :rolleyes: (WHTWNGS sold me brembos years ago)and I sold them to Nick.

All it needs is carb work (sat for 3 years due to a baby) and you get all the spares.

DONE DEAL :D $2000.00

So at 3:00 Friday just so happened to have my truck and spare $$$ and within 1 hour It was loaded and headed for one hell of a carbjob I cannot believe how the big H wants to fukk me on bowl gaskets $32.00 each a Post on vfrworld called out a motion industries part 4 for $3.00 and they fit but are round and required finesse grease and mad skillz to get them to stay in the grooves needle/seats STUNNAS Dad is quoting oem kits at $175
per carb :mad:

So some carbwarehose in OHIO had them $13.00 a set.
Boots $13.00 each from hondaeast...
Plus I had a spare set of carbs with the bike that sat outside or something.

After 3 Quick attempts/failures at mounting the carbs I get serious with a 16 oz. mall hitting a rubber mallet on top of the ratchetstrap with warm boots from running the engine off a lawn mower tank and the front boots tight she finally seats (or as good as it was going to get) what a bitch:(

JETFXR loans me his bnib motion pro manometer the damn thing is out of fluid..motionpro sends me more for free;)
So a gallon of gas and three sessions with a hot engine plenty of carbonmonoxide
and the mix and synch is done :D

Runs mint :D:D:D @ 6000 it lifts !!!

Attachments

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Thanks Mike, not to jack your thread but I wanted THIS particular one many years ago but he wanted $3800 firm.

Fast Forward, JETFXR sends me a craigslist ad -vfr 2K - The ad is old and figured wtf Called the guy he says hey winger hows it going! It was Nick from allpowersports I have known him forever.

So I ask him why it's still for sale ?

It doesn't run but buy it anyway 'cause it's got your RC-51 masters and crg levers on it :rolleyes: (WHTWNGS sold me brembos years ago)and I sold them to Nick.

All it needs is carb work (sat for 3 years due to a baby) and you get all the spares.

DONE DEAL :D $2000.00

So at 3:00 Friday just so happened to have my truck and spare $$$ and within 1 hour It was loaded and headed for one hell of a carbjob I cannot believe how the big H wants to fukk me on bowl gaskets $32.00 each a Post on vfrworld called out a motion industries part 4 for $3.00 and they fit but are round and required finesse grease and mad skillz to get them to stay in the grooves needle/seats STUNNAS Dad is quoting oem kits at $175
per carb :mad:

So some carbwarehose in OHIO had them $13.00 a set.
Boots $13.00 each from hondaeast...
Plus I had a spare set of carbs with the bike that sat outside or something.

After 3 Quick attempts/failures at mounting the carbs I get serious with a 16 oz. mall hitting a rubber mallet on top of the ratchetstrap with warm boots from running the engine off a lawn mower tank and the front boots tight she finally seats (or as good as it was going to get) what a bitch:(

JETFXR loans me his bnib motion pro manometer the damn thing is out of fluid..motionpro sends me more for free;)
So a gallon of gas and three sessions with a hot engine plenty of carbonmonoxide
and the mix and synch is done :D

Runs mint :D:D:D @ 6000 it lifts !!!

LOL Yeah, NOT to Jack your (LEE) Thread

Hey Tom did I see you were selling this( VFR) now somewhere esle here? IF so I have to know WHY?<>WTF mang.?

Peace Jeff

201 - 206 of 206 Posts