Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...what the AMA Superbike minimum weight limit is?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Who Knows............... (section8superbike)

This is all I could find short of calling AMA Road Racing myself...

2005 Superbike Approved Equipment
The following equipment list shows all motorcycles which are Superbike approved.
This list is provisional and additional manufacturers will be added as they are approved.
Motorcycles Model
Ducati 2004 999 R
Honda 2005 CBR1000RR
Kawasaki 2005 ZX10R
Suzuki 2005 GSX-R1000
Yamaha 2005 YZF-R1
Prior years and models remain homologated unless rule changes, such as engine capacities,
have been changed and the original capacity does not fall within the current
levels. For example a Suzuki GSX-R750 is no longer homologated for Superbike due to
engine capacity.
3/4/05/rk

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

386 wet....I think

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

In 2003 they went from 355# to 370#, now able to run electric starters with larger batteries.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Who Knows............... (Ducshop)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ducshop »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">In 2003 they went from 355# to 370#, now able to run electric starters with larger batteries.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats crazy, I put my carbon tank on yesterday and the bike weighs 373lbs!

Imagine what it will be like when we cut the crank, lighter flywheel, Corse generator, small battery, Titanium goodies..........Oh man this is going to get out of hand!

Oh, and I alsmost forgot about the ceramic rotors.........Mmmmmmmmm ceramic

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by section8superbike »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thats crazy, I put my carbon tank on yesterday and the bike weighs 373lbs!

Imagine what it will be like when we cut the crank, lighter flywheel, Corse generator, small battery, Titanium goodies..........Oh man this is going to get out of hand!

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I "imagine" that it'll be illegal!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Who Knows............... (SP3)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SP3 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I "imagine" that it'll be illegal!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

We have a plug and play Corse stator "kit" that has 280W stator, rotor and a CNC stator standoff to line everything up on production bikes. $350 (for licensed racers only)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ducshop »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">We have a plug and play Corse stator "kit" that has 280W stator, rotor and a CNC stator standoff to line everything up on production bikes. $350 (for licensed racers only)
</TD></TR></TABLE>

How much weight will it save?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Who Knows............... (trussdude)

You save 2 pounds plus half the magnetic drag.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ducshop »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> half the magnetic drag.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Does that mean people in my draft won't gain on me as fast?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

You mean there are people behind you?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by section8superbike »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thats crazy, I put my carbon tank on yesterday and the bike weighs 373lbs!

</TD></TR></TABLE>
Can I have it?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ducshop »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You mean there are people behind you?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats so dirty

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: Who Knows............... (Mark)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mark »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Can I have it?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Tuche'

1 - 16 of 16 Posts