Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone knows Rossi is the best on the planet and is still very young, but after him, who do you think has what it takes (or at least an outside chance) of one day challenging Rossi for a title?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Who is the Most Promising Young Road Racing Talent of Today? (bsess)

Jessica Zalusky

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I think persistence and consistency are going to be the keys to unseating Rossi, if it ever happens.

The last non-Rossi top level Grand Prix champion was Kenny Roberts Jr., right? He took the championship not by being faster or more talented, but by being more consistent than anyone else that season.

All it takes is for Rossi to screw up once, and smash an ankle, or compound fracture a collarbone, and his streak is over. Of course, he may retire before that happens.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Who is the Most Promising Young Road Racing Talent of Today? (banda)

the strange part is that all the guys above are the same age (well some of them) as Rossi and Look at Rossi Italian 125 champion, Euro 125 Champion, 125 World Champ,250World champ Suzuka8hours winner,500 World Champ and 3 times MotoGP champ with 2 different machines.

Some of the guys above are exelent 125 or 250 or even Superbike riders but only Rossi was able to compete on any bike and win (even with Superbikes at Suzuka 8hours.)

Modified by Giannis at 8:19 PM 2/1/2005

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I think the most promising racer isn't on your list. I think there's probably a 14 or 15-year-old out there somewhere that's just one step away from his first big break, and will begin to match Rossi's early performances.

Not to take anything away from anybody on this list, but they're already on the circuit, and are known entities, and current colleagues of Rossi's. The real new up & coming talent has to be quite young still.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Who is the Most Promising Young Road Racing Talent of Today? (Gerg)

In sporting terms; While people like Lance Armstrong, Valentino Rossi and Michael Schumacher are around it’s difficult to measure how good anyone else is or how good they can be.

In saying that lots of top pundits thought Tiger Woods was on a different planet and he’s still got some way to go to beat the record of Big Jack.

Michael Jordan and Jerry Rice, another two that spring to mind.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i think any of the hayden bros. would have a good chance of taking on rossi.
still wont ever compare to rainey or shwants

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Haven't really since Chris Vermulen race so I'm lost on him but Nickey and Hoper gets my volts..Since hoper does well with what he has, I give him my
up

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Who is the Most Promising Young Road Racing Talent of Today? (LDH)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LDH »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Jessica Zalusky</TD></TR></TABLE>

LDH! LDH!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (MacMan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MacMan »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ben Spies........
I think he'll surprise everybody including Matt.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Agreed! Ben Spies is the future of the Yoshimura Camp.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

yo G: i think you're right. this is where Hopper came from.
my kid used to ride 50's and skateboard with him between races.
Big Al did it for the love of the sport...

The California Motorcycle Road Race Association, Inc. (CMRRA) was formed in 1993 to promote the sport of 50cc to 80cc road racing. Over the years we have our expanded our classes to include XR100's and single cyclinder 4 strokes up to 200cc's. We have race classifications for Beginners to Experts. Minimum age for riders is 8 years old. Riders under 12 years old must have verifiable previous motorcycle experience (motocross, desert, flat track, etc.).
For complete information you can see our Rules and Regulations on our Rules page or you can etc...

there's gotta be an 8 year old that can throw Rossi!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Gerg »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Not to take anything away from anybody on this list, but they're already on the circuit, and are known entities, and current colleagues of Rossi's. .</TD></TR></TABLE>

you mean Rossi's Bitches

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Who is the Most Promising Young Road Racing Talent of Today? (drthompson65)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by drthompson65 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

LDH! LDH!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah baby!!!!!

I had a good
on that one too!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Who is the Most Promising Young Road Racing Talent of Today? (banda)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by banda »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think persistence and consistency are going to be the keys to unseating Rossi, if it ever happens.

The last non-Rossi top level Grand Prix champion was Kenny Roberts Jr., right? He took the championship not by being faster or more talented, but by being more consistent than anyone else that season.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Last month's Cycle World article brought up the consistency anomaly in a big way.
The Yami M1 is not quite the powerhorse that the RC211V is, but Rossi makes so much consistency almost every time at almost every track. The crew chief that went with him to Yamaha is also deserving in a great deal of credit in helping Rossi accomplish his consistency credits.

Very cool article.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by banda »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">All it takes is for Rossi to screw up once, and smash an ankle, or compound fracture a collarbone, and his streak is over. Of course, he may retire before that happens.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yup!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: (REDRIDER666)

Nicky has been "taking on" Rossi for the last two years and how many times has he finished ahead of Vale?

Schwantz had 1 Championship and 25 GP 500cc class wins.
Rainey had 3 Championships and 24 GP 500cc wins.
Rossi has 42 Premier Class (500/MotoGP) wins and 4 Championships in the top class. He has another 2 Championships in 125cc and 250cc. Schwantz himself would tell you that Rossi is a cut above.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by REDRIDER666 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i think any of the hayden bros. would have a good chance of taking on rossi.
still wont ever compare to rainey or shwants</TD></TR></TABLE>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Everyone Knows Rossi is the best.
This is about up and coming talent.
Ryan Andrews
Logan Young
Corey West

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My vote goes to the afore mentioned Ryan Andrews. I've watched him for the past 5 years (damn! that long already). That kid is damn fast.
I haven't had the opportunity to watch Logan or Corey, so one of them may be the next "it" racer. But my money is still on Ryan.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: (WhiteyFoo)

I don't think anyone questions that Rossi is the best there is. He has also (deservedly so) always had the best equipment and support with the possible exception of this past season. And while none of the current young may ever be able to take the measure of Rossi in a championship campaign, I do wonder if any of the above kids had gone through multiple seasons racing on the world circuit in 125,250,500 and then MotoGP the way Rossi has, whether it might have accelerated their development as competitive racers.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts