Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it's now safe to say that Sete has been destroyed in the same manner that Max was destroyed by Rossi. So, who will be the next challenger to step up to the plate?

Could Sete or Max be revived next year? I doubt that; I think it's time for a new challenger. I'm a huge Hayden fan, but I think Melandri is the one who might be able to race with Rossi next year. Hayden can keep up sometimes, but I don't think we've seen him re-pass Rossi very often. It seems like he's able to keep the same pace for awhile, but not able to race at that pace. Maybe it's just me, but I think Melandri will be the guy. When he's on, he seems to be able to race with the leaders, and I'm sure he'll only improve.
:twocents

·
I'll fix it.
2,249 Posts
Yeah I think Melandri will be the next guy to beat in motogp, if he can keep his momentum up, he has had a few weak rounds this year, but he has definately proven himself fast.

I think Hayden is still improving and would probably have a lot better results, but I dont think he has figured out how to keep up the pace on worn out tires yet.

Sete is falling apart right now, but he could bounce back next year.

Max is a has been imo, unless he starts consistently finishing a lot better, I dont think anyone will be willing to step up and give him a decent bike.

Hopper is definately fast, and can only get faster....but can suzuki build him a bike capable of winning? Kevin Schwantz thinks so, we shall see.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
LDH said:
Jessica Zalusky
LOL :)

Dunno about next year, but i'd like to see Vermulen on factory honda in MotoGP. That would be fun to watch.

·
Registered
65 Posts
jbraslins said:
LOL :)

Dunno about next year, but i'd like to see Vermulen on factory honda in MotoGP. That would be fun to watch.
+1.
in the mean time, I'd like to see Hyaden winning again, but Melandri would be the guy I put money on.
bah...who we kiddin'? nobody will ever touch Rossi.:notworthy

Vermulen is running one moto gp race this year on an rc211v, I think it's the next race.
http://www.motogp.com/en/motogp/news_info/news_info_15275_1.htm?menu=news

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
Im sooo hoping Vermuleun does well next week, if so, can you just imagine the intensity of having all these YOUNG guns (Hayden, Melandri, Hopkins if Zook ever gets their shit together) duking it out!?!!?

Im not sure how we got to doubting Hayden's abilities but giving Melandri praise.....there are ONLY 7 pts between them!!!!

There are 3 rounds left and a 5 man battle for second place, its a toss up at this point.

·
Registered
837 Posts
my vote on melandri. but vermuelen might be able to show something in philip island and i hope he stay in motogp and challenging rossi.

heres vermuelen back in malaysia a couple of years ago..

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I dont know if it's ok to generalize like this, but it seems to me that there's a group of highly skilled riders that always frigging crash. What good are you, and you great lap times, if you can't finish for christ sake.

Hoppers and McCoy are prime examples. They do ride briliantly for some laps, but then they almost always end up wadding their bikes. If i was a sponsor or a team manager, personally, i'd stay as far as I could from riders like that.

Just my :twocents

·
Thud
1,436 Posts
Man, Nicky gets no respect. He's diced with and beaten Melandri and, unlike Marco, has actually won a MotoGP race. I guess you're only as good as your last race on this forum. I still like Marco and think he AND Hayden can take it to Valentino, especially if they both become the #1 riders in their respective teams. Right now, Gibernau and Biaggi are getting the primary resources but that should change next year. As far as outsiders, I hope Vermulen carries over to GP well but the jury's still out. Of the 250 riders I actually like Jorge Lorenzo's chances better than Pedrosa's. I just think he has more raw talent that can be harnessed well with maturity and experience. I also think that Stoner is every bit as good as Dani but should be physically able to handle the GP's better.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I've been watching stoner lately, that kid is really fearless. I like Nicky a lot but I don't think he has anymore talent than Edwards and I think Edwards is mentally tougher than Hayden. I think as long as Rossi is on two wheels he will not be beaten.

·
Registered
232 Posts
doughboy_748r said:
pedrosa, melandri or hopkins (i hope suzuki build him a good bike)
Seems like there is a lot of hype always around Hopkins, Roberts actually got on the box with that pig and leads his teammate in points. I think either of them could be mixing it up towards the front on different machines but they would just be racing for 2nd or 3rd.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Seems like there is a lot of hype always around Hopkins, Roberts actually got on the box with that pig and leads his teammate in points. I think either of them could be mixing it up towards the front on different machines but they would just be racing for 2nd or 3rd
actually i like hopkins because compared to hayden he gets less attention. i like rooting for the underdog. with big red behind hayden i think he should be doing more.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Hayden's problem is inexperience in setting the bike up properly to go the distance without overtaxing himself or his tires... He gets lucky on occasion, but overall he is still riding harder instead of smarter. He needs more experience in the pure physics of the bike so he can convey to the engineers & crew what it is doing or not doing instead of just throwing a leg over the bike, riding the snot outta it & hoping the dataloggers give the guys the info they need to make changes to the bike...

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.