Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently bought a 2002 R6 racebike. Came with an Ohlins shock out back, however I have no idea how long it's been on there. I would like to have it rebuilt/resprung ASAP before the mad rush for the racing season begins here shortly.

Need a quality shop who knows what they are doing?? Any suggestions?? Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Who can rebuild my Ohlins rear shock? (bladerunner)

IM or email Superbike Specialties Mi. they are a member of the site and do Ohlins work.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lithium Motorsports in LeMars, Iowa does Ohlins i do believe. talk to Ryan(suspension guy) or Rob(owner).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Who can rebuild my Ohlins rear shock? (JeffKoch)

I would concur with Petersen; he's reputed to be one of the best. I can't comment on the others.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Who can rebuild my Ohlins rear shock? (Phil 998)

The owner and operator of Superbike Specialties is an a certified Ducati mechanic as well as the only certified Ohlins Technician in Michigan. Most everyone I know goes to him for suspension work. contact = [email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
PPS in Anahaiem CA, Stigg is your man, when you call Ohlins USA , that's who they refer you to first.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If I may thread jack here sort of...How often should an Ohlins be rebuilt? Does it matter if it was set up or built for a rider of different weight than you?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I forget how often you have to rebuild them, Stigg told me once but I forgot. As far as the shock set up, yes , each shock is set up for the individuals weight (if it was set up), you should re check that the spring rate is correct for yout weight and that your sag is set up for your weight as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts