1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Meatball's Dad
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Hey, this may be off topic but does Mickie D's still have the regular old quarter pounder?

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
"But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it..."
Everybody just loves finding out what was in it, eh Nancy?

Change THEN Hope = FAIL.
:banghead

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Hey, this may be off topic but does Mickie D's still have the regular old quarter pounder?
Pretty sure they do, with cheese. I stopped at one on the way back from Barber a couple weeks ago. First time in a long time. All the old "Value Meals" seem to be in place still. I considered the QP. I feel better having talked about this...
:)

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Yeah, I go fast food about twice a year. Goddammit, Mickie's shakes absolutely suck. I don't think there is any real ice cream in those things. They are like whipped-up marshmallow soup - very gross.

What was this thread about?:D

·
Meatball's Dad
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think it was about the failure of Obamacare before it even begins...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
^If it hasn't begun why is everyone complaining?

Admit it, all the moaners on television (the teabaggers) don't know the details of the plan, they've never read the plan (like reading the bible:twocents ), and they don't give a hoot what is in the plan. It's just a very good opportunity to cry for their cause on television, the cause being world domination by the white race capitalist RVing grow-'till-you-die crowd.

Actually, some of the plan did just begin.:twocents This morning I heard the Libertarian candidate for Insurance Commissioner here in Kaliforneea say, in the short term we will save a lot but in the long term it will cost a lot. But he also compared aquiring health care to shopping at Albertsons so take it for what it's worth (not much).

Life would be so much simpler if we just made all health care non-profit by Constitutional Amendment. I hear people say over and over here in Kaliforneea that they are happy with their "Kaiser" (Kaiser's non-profit). The health care industry as structured, exists to provide excess income to people all across Amerika. There is a goddam large amount of lobbying that goes on over this too - that should tell everyone something about why we keep feeling a long stick up our you-know-whats when it comes to health costs. Don't ask me for proof on any of this but I'll bet it's the case. I just burned a bowl and feel like shooting my mouth off right now, and I'm not researching any of this. You pudding heads can quote me on that.

Happy Columbus day less three.

That's a goddam CLINK! I'm outta here.:cool:

P.S. Sorry for the retarded cliche at the end (CLINK):rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
MY "problem" and I believe a lot of other people's also with 'bama care" is I defy the government to decree I MUST purchase their product. (I also have issues paying for EVERYONE else's health care too.......)

Semper Fi! :rockon

-Rocky-

PS. I just had a DOUBLE quarter pounder w/ "cheeze" (Supersize me bitch I say......) And I now feel like keeling over in a stupor.......

PSS. Anyone gonna be at Fleet Week this weekend?

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Admit it, all the moaners on television (the teabaggers) don't know the details of the plan, they've never read the plan (like reading the bible:twocents ), and they don't give a hoot what is in the plan.
Hopefully you realize that you also just described every Democrat & Republican who voted for this steaming pile of shit.
:twocents

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Seen Supersize Me?
Must see.

To tell the truth I don't know a damn thing about the health bill details (it's one of the things I don't follow). But I do know it should be called an insurance bill. Health costs were not addressed and that is the main problem (and something about the 1099?). One step at a time, I suppose. The final step is universal care and non-profit. It will be full of deficiencies solely because of it's size but it will still show way more bang for the buck than the system we have now. I'd also say that we need to seriously think about end of life proceedures, use of costly technologies and preventative, local, accessable care with an emphasis on physical health. That's how you save money. That's how you show leadership.

In nirvana we also tax the rich up the ass because it's a stimulus for them to bring everyone up the ladder with them. You do this by tying tax rates to unemployement rates. More unemployement means higher taxes rates. The higher the payroll, the less the welfare. As it is now, the ladder is getting crowded at the top and crowded at the bottom. That's how you run a circus.

Don't ask me any questions about this because I'm not sure what to make of it. It's the Krammer theory of economics. Sometimes genius is in the most unlikely of places...but not in polePosition.:D

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Hopefully you realize that you also just described every Democrat & Republican who voted for this steaming pile of shit.
Take a pill and change your panties.:D

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Oops, forgot I'm outta here.:eek:
(Damn, what a waste of time this place is:twocents :banghead :D .)

·
Meatball's Dad
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Don't ask me any questions about this because I'm not sure what to make of it.
I appreciate the honesty, so you had better remove yourself from the discussion or catch up somehow. Why offer this many answers if you admmittedly haven't got a clue what you're talking about?

In the end, Pelosi and company drafted a bill behind closed doors that will prove to be the most unpopular piece of legislative garbage of the past 100 years.

With any luck the new congress will defund the f'er and we'll be done with the bullshit that heathcare is a right and should be free, non-profit and any other pie in the sky idea that comes along from morons on the left.

Non-profit medicine is a pipe dream. Mandatory participation as determined by the Michigan Federal Judge is another. I am sure we'll find out shortly that that judge was a classmate of Kagan or Obama in the past which will explain the inability to interpret the Commerce Clause of the US Consititution.

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Non-profit medicine is a pipe dream. Mandatory participation as determined by the Michigan Federal Judge is another. I am sure we'll find out shortly that that judge was a classmate of Kagan or Obama in the past which will explain the inability to interpret the Commerce Clause of the US Consititution.
Here you go penis head.:D Here's an example of how non-profit health care works. It is very comparable to for-profits and many times better, from what I hear - never been a member but quite a few family members have been.
https://www.kaiserpermanente.org/

I must say, you are rather limitted in your sense of what's possible. You're really afraid of losing something too. Some times we need to lose the old and good to find the new and better. I think I heard David Caradine say that on tv one time.

All you're saying on judges is they come from Harvard. Yeah, many do. Good job Harvard.

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Really outta here NOW.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Take a pill and change your panties.:D
I thought you were out of here. But anyway, I don't even know what that means. I wasn't being a smartass. You really did offer a perfect description of the legislators who voted for this bill. They (1) did not know the details of the bill, because they (2) did not read the bill, and they (3) clearly didn't care what was in the bill. If they cared they would have learned something about it before voting.

I don't think I'm saying anything that isn't true here. I'm sure that no person who voted for that bill read it. I've never seen anybody claim that they have. There probably still isn't a person on the planet who really understands what it is supposed to do.

·
Meatball's Dad
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here you go penis head.:D Here's an example of how non-profit health care works. It is very comparable to for-profits and many times better, from what I hear - never been a member but quite a few family members have been.
https://www.kaiserpermanente.org/

I must say, you are rather limitted in your sense of what's possible. You're really afraid of losing something too. Some times we need to lose the old and good to find the new and better. I think I heard David Caradine say that on tv one time.

All you're saying on judges is they come from Harvard. Yeah, many do. Good job Harvard.
Name one place where socialized medicine has worked...including Cuba. BTW, Castro finally came to his senses and admitted that communism did't work for him.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts