Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished looking through the "post your latest trackday picture thread." It left me wondering what each track's real name is (not nickname or abbreviation) and where are they located. I figured maybe we could post this info here (for the newbies like myself). Basically which tracks have you ridden, what is its nickname and where is it located? If you want to add other info like group who organized the trackday or what you like/dislike would be cool also.

I have only been to one track. It was Miller Motorsports Park (MMP) located in Tooele UT (West of Salt Lake City. Apex is the group who organized the trackday. I have only ridden the West course.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
VIR: Virgina Internation Raceway in Alton, Virginia. I have ridden the South course and the Full Course. Very nice track with a lot of elevation changes.

Summit Point: Located in West Virginia. Decent track, but too many different patches with different traction. Kinda freaks you out in the curves initially, but once you find the lines it is ok. Has a great high speed right hander before the front straight. Track day for both of these is coordinated by NESBA.

TWS: Texas World Speedway in College Station. My favorite among the three. Has an awesome NASCAR style front straight with a high banking and a very fast and wide left hand corner at the end of the straight. Big contrast to the Virginia tracks is the lack of any elevation changes.

·
Registered
983 Posts

Grattan Raceway in Belding, MI is my home track. Most people just call it Grattan. The road course is a winding, hilly, complex assortment of almost every concievable corner imaginablefor a road course. The ten turns include both uphill ascendind radius turns, a flat out dog leg off the 160 degree hairpin turn, a hidden apex, a monza bowl,ess turns,and even a challenging downhill reverse camber turn. It has been said that if you can master Grattan Raceway you can ride anywhere.

Team Chicago does their race school there in April. $25! It's the best track time deal anywhere...if you can stand the cold. Last year, we only needed to wait until about 10am for the ice to melt off the track!

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Track

BIR Brainerd International Raceway, Brainerd MN OMG Fast on the long Course 1 mile front straight.

RA Road America, Elkhart Lake MN, OMG fast, three long 180 plus straightaways
WAD, What a Dump Heartland Park of Topeka KS

·
Registered
516 Posts
FLorida

Jennings = Jennings USA. (If coming from the North, it's the first exit into FL on I-75)

2 miles 14 turns . Flat as FL, but a great track for smaller bikes (You don't have a straight that really over runs the bike, but also great for the Liter machines as well.

Lot's of run off if you need that sort of thing once in a while and a very abrasive - grippy surface. The weather is getting just perfect now.

:clapper

·
Banned
929 Posts
ECR = Eagles Canyon Raceway in Decatur TX
MSRC = Motorsport Ranch Cresson in Cresson TX
TWS = Texas World Speedway in College Station TX
MSRH = Motorsport Ranch Houston in Houston TX

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
-Putnam Park, 1 hour west of Indy. A very fun track.
-Grattan, (Mich) I love that place. The first WERA race each year they run it counter clockwise, 3500 foot straight (can you say rev limiter)?
-Gingerman (Mich) fun tight track just be careful the surface isn't great
-Barber, only the best facility in America. Looks like a manicured country club with a 27 foot wide racetrack. Must spend a day at the museum.
-Rd Atlanta, long fast track that eats engines, great track though.
-Mid Ohio, excellent layout and elevation changes.
-Jennings (Fl) the best part is they ride year round, eats tires.

Bluegrass Motorsports Park just south of Cincy is built just waiting for the lawyers to quit arguing over money. looks like a good flowing track.

I'll be doing the whole WERA northcentral region races this year. It includes some of the ones above plus Nelson Ledges, Beaverun and VIR.

On my must do list of tracks...
-Blackhawk (Chicago)
-Rd America (Wisconsin)
-Miller

·
Banned
929 Posts
Man oh man I cant wait for Barber. One of the track day organizers here does 1 day there every year and it sells out usually the day its put on the calendar.

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Man oh man I cant wait for Barber. One of the track day organizers here does 1 day there every year and it sells out usually the day its put on the calendar.
Barber is definately worth the trip. Give yourself at least a day to view the museum.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Middle of the country

MPH Motorsports Park Hastings. Hastings Nebraska. middle of the state just off I-80

MAM Mid America Motorplex 12 miles south of Omaha Nebraska

1 - 12 of 12 Posts