Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
good day.

this is my first post in the supermoto section. i need your advice. simply put which one? im looking at a ktm supermoto. i also saw a duke 2. is the duke classified as a supermoto? which would be better? or any nice models from honda or yamaha?

thnaks!!

ps. good and bad experiences are most welcome.

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
doughboy_748r said:
good day.

this is my first post in the supermoto section. i need your advice. simply put which one? im looking at a ktm supermoto. i also saw a duke 2. is the duke classified as a supermoto? which would be better? or any nice models from honda or yamaha?

thnaks!!

ps. good and bad experiences are most welcome.

What are you planning on doing with your new supermoto?

Street only?

Track?

Around town?

On the highway?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
street and track. i got to watch some euro races and i got hooked. i also saw the x-games race where bostrom won but i really like the way ex world supersport champion chambon rides.

·
Registered
314 Posts
doughboy_748r said:
street and track. i got to watch some euro races and i got hooked. i also saw the x-games race where bostrom won but i really like the way ex world supersport champion chambon rides.
You may also want to look at a '06 Husky SM450 or 510. Open MSO, competative power, aftermarket goodies.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dave,

im thinking more of track than street. you think its a good idea for a dedicated track bike? are these bikes allowed in tracks for road bikes or do you guys use special tracks designed for super moto (all pavement tracks of course)?

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
doughboy_748r said:
dave,

im thinking more of track than street. you think its a good idea for a dedicated track bike? are these bikes allowed in tracks for road bikes or do you guys use special tracks designed for super moto (all pavement tracks of course)?
The bikes typically well suited for track use can be tough to make street legal. The SM bikes that are street legal from the factory can be used on the track without any problems, but might be a bit heavier and slower than a purpose built racer.

Although, Husky has made their 450 and 510 street legal for '06. With a few mods to elimate to restrictions that will certainly be done to these bikes to get them past the EPA, you'll have a great track bike that can also be used to run to the corner store or liven your daily commute.

Any of these bikes will require a lot of TLC. You need to stay on top of the maintenance, especially any of the more race oriented machines.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts