Speedzilla Forums banner

Preferred Engine Architecture

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
If I buy another motorcycle, and if that bike is a pure streetbike and not a big trailie type bike, and if I don't get cheap...it will likely be a V4. Probably from Italy, although Japan has made a few neat ones too.

If I don't go the V4 route, inline triple is another charismatic alternative.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
I think most will agree that the configuration is rather inconsequential, it`s the end result that matters. Ride a Bandit 1250 and tell me I4s can`t be torquey. Try a Speed Triple and feel a smooth and torquey mill with a lustful sound. Ride an 1198 and you`ll find it quick. It seems that engine cofiguration is the be-all for only one person. The rest of us are rational enough to judge on merit.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have an inline 4, v-twin, inline 3, and various 2 stroke and 4 stroke single dirt bikes. There isn't a single one of those that appeals to me more than the other. I love them all. Each one of them brings something to the table that the other might not, and that's why it's nice to have options. Believing one configuration to be the best seems like a waste of great alternatives.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
I have an inline 4, v-twin, inline 3, and various 2 stroke and 4 stroke single dirt bikes. There isn't a single one of those that appeals to me more than the other. I love them all. Each one of them brings something to the table that the other might not, and that's why it's nice to have options. Believing one configuration to be the best seems like a waste of great alternatives.
BTW, I sense a problem here... you don't have a V4, that explains it, right Larry?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Opposed four. Low low center of gravity. Mass centralization and more power than a v4. Gold wing racing rules

1 - 20 of 52 Posts