Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wondering which ones move up and back the farthest for better comfort. and can ya get rear sets that are adjustable?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: which clip ons or bars to get? just bought bike very uncomfotabl ... (TDS-RC51)

use the search in the upper right hand corner. search both recent and archives...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: which clip ons or bars to get? just bought bike very uncomfotabl ... (TDS-RC51)

Who the hell buys a sportbike for comfort???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: which clip ons or bars to get? just bought bike very uncomfotabl ... (LDH)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LDH »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Who the hell buys a sportbike for comfort???</TD></TR></TABLE>

I did!!!! I just don't feel that comfortable at speed on a track with a Goldwing.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh,ya when you install the bars use a hot nail to melt the nubs except for the throttle that one you'll want to locate and drill a shallow hole in the R.H. bar also 1-5/8 inch socket is .013 over but I wrapped foil tape around the nut and torqued it to 103 ft/lbs....These are toatally adjustable sweetass bars but you will need counterweights the threaded end is one size bigger than stock also before you tighten everything down check your fairing clearence TWICE ! these do scratch easily take your time.Personally I wish I coud weld on some MX bars now that would be comfort !!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (wingnutt)

If you want to have a kick ass bike like the RC but also want comfort check out this site...
http://www.spieglerusa.com/cfm/sbk.cfm
You won't find more comfort than this.
Don't bother with Heli-Bars. They barely make a difference. The problem is the fuel tank and the fairing. You either go low with the bars or you go high, over the tank. The problem with the Spiegler kit is that you have to trim the fairing and you have those big mirrors to deal with. So get the bars, get a seat, custom lower the pegs and you'll have the fastest, coolest sounding, most comfortable street racer in your area.
The ultimate option would be to develop custom clip-ons which will raise or lower within minutes. I don't know why the factories haven't come up with this option already.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (Area 51)

That looks terrible no way I'd put those on my RC. If you want all out comfort get another bike! There are plenty of sport touring bikes that will do double duty, a VFR, Triumph ST, etc..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (rc74racer)

ya i wouldnt put those on mine either, it isnt that bad i just wanted to take some pressure of my wrist thats all. i am coming off gsxr 750 that was more comfy to me

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (TDS-RC51)

I hear ya on the wrists but so far mine have been ok I've done a 175mi ride and it was only my a** that really hurt so I tossed the stock seat in favor of a sargent. I actually tossed around the idea of getting bars but the helis seem to have issues with the tank and I don't think they'll make that much difference. When it starts to get annoying I just twist the throttle and forget all about them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Twistin the throttle makes me forget almost everything(very Zen-like).
Get as far forward on the seat as you can,support your weight a little with your back and stomach.
Take Advil beforehand.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (Coydog)

who is dan kyle? and what bars does he have? i seen the helis and i like them. but the cycle cat facility is 5 minutes from my house. so i can get the cycle cats tomorow, or go with the helis which are 1/2 inch higher than the cycle cats?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (TDS-RC51)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TDS-RC51 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">who is dan kyle?</TD></TR></TABLE>

http://www.kyleusa.com/

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TDS-RC51 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wondering which ones move up and back the farthest for better comfort. and can ya get rear sets that are adjustable?</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you want comfort why are you going "UP and Back" which is even more of a jockey position?
Normally this position is setup for track for more clearance. You want comfort, then get a Corbin saddle, raise the bar with aforementioned after market bar raiser and...ahhhh! never mind!...

...The thought of “All Around Comfort” while riding your RC51 is a SIN! Gau-dam-et!!!
I'm through!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: which clip ons or bars to get? just bought bike very uncomfotabl ... (RC51CrewChief)

I have LSL clips on my RC with carbon bars, very nice product IMO. I have woodcrafts with Ti bars on my CBR and again, a very nice Product IMO. I can get both carbon and TI tubes if you are looking.

The LSLs are not a two piece design and the Woodcrafts are so keep that in mind. I also looked at Proflo
and or MDR as well, FWIW

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have the Gilles clipons, and have to say i'm very pleased... plus they look sweet. Also lots of adjustability.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: which clip ons or bars to get? just bought bike very uncomfotabl ... (mrgrn)

Could someone remind me again why the don't come from the factory with decent bars?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: which clip ons or bars to get? just bought bike very uncomfotabl ... (51cent)

"Decent" bars? Do you like the seat? How 'bout the peg position? How are the mirrors? Brother, you may be on the wrong bike. Try a Superhawk.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: which clip ons or bars to get? just bought bike very uncomfotabl ... (aces anugal)

How my butt feels doesn't have anything to do with my steering input, and besides don't safe cracker's file down their fingertips, that's all the rc51 stock seat is doing. You know, so you can "feel the road better". Make no mistake, i am loyal.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts