Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you can go to MMI for the jap bikes and H-D's but are there any schools that teach the finer points of desmo valve adjustments? thanks.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: where to go to be a ducati mechanic? (Phil 998)

Probably cost a freakin fortune- just like the repairs!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: where to go to be a ducati mechanic? (alpineskiman)

My chief mechanic went to AMI in Daytona Bch. The course is expensive and the specialty tools/ equipment are even more expensive!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: where to go to be a ducati mechanic? (moomba)

thanks guys.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Bologna, Italy

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: where to go to be a ducati mechanic? (DocHolliday)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DocHolliday »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Bologna, Italy</TD></TR></TABLE>
im leavin tomorrow.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

http://speedzilla.zeroforum.co...35174

I think Jason, and others advice is best. Find a good ducati mechanic and convince them to let you learn from them. You might even be able to get paid a few bucks in the process, but I wouldn't expect much.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: where to go to be a ducati mechanic? (jager)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jager »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Find a good ducati mechanic and convince them to let you learn from them. You might even be able to get paid a few bucks in the process, but I wouldn't expect much. </TD></TR></TABLE>

There might also be the issue of liability if a mechanic/ tech has no formal certification. If the shop gets sued for something that went wrong and the mechanic isn't a trained mechanic, then that could work against the shop.

Also, I'm not sure how the Ducati warranty works but if a Ducati that's under warranty is brought into the customer's favourite shop for regular service (oil change and such) and the mechanic there isn't "Ducati certified", could DNA void the warranty?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: where to go to be a ducati mechanic? (moomba)

the info that other post was great, there is only one dealership around my area and it isnt really close. this is something ill have to look into when i move out west.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts