Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search and also looked in past post but could find it. There was a great place that a member recommend that really garrantee to a certain low degree of run out. Thanks inadvance.

Tai

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Where to fix rims the right way??? (Capt. Home Slice)

Fasttrack here in AZ. they are in either Mesa,Az or Gilbert,Az

A RC I repaired went down at 130 on the track, hit the curb, and started cartwheeling. Bent both wheels, both triples, ohlins fork, frame, subframe, swing arm, and I believe the axle. Guy even straigtened the sato rearsets and if I remember right it all came out to about the cost of the new set of race bodywork. I've had another RC I was fixing straightened there as well after it got ran over. You have to bring him the bike like this.

You might as well have the whole bike checked out because he charges the same amount to check just your wheels as he does to check the entire bike. Bending everything back was included in the inspection price I believe unless he had to weld. which he did on the front wheel. Can't find the weld and i know where the crack was at.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Where to fix rims the right way??? (3stripes)

Will's Rim Repair
9 W. Sable Court
Greenville, SC 29617
phone: 864-787-1351

great guy to deal with, fast turn around and very good work. i've sent a few guys to him and had him do one for myself. $65 per wheel is what he normally charges(as of last winter)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Where to fix rims the right way??? (cb186)

thanks for all the replies..I am in San Jose , Cali so I have to mail it to them also. I would like to check my frame but I will miss my RC too much for that. Thanks again for all the replies

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (3stripes)

Ron at Frame Straight Systems straightened a Gixxer wheel for me. Took him a while to get to it, but once he did turnaround was fast. Did a great job.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts